Re: [KWChoir] Re: Change of Director for Pennsic 40

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 27, 2011
      Hi Theresa, and anyone else who's wondering the same thing. :-)

      Last summer various people involved with the KWC met at Pennsic to discuss ways to promote the knowledge and performance of period polyphonic music. The meeting was announced during the Pennsic Choir concerts and held on the last Friday of Pennsic. One of the results of that meetng was the creation of the Board of Directors, which is comprised of past directors from choirs at Wars around the Known World. Everyone we knew of who had ever directed choirs at Pennsic, Gulf Wars, Estrella, and Lilies was invited to join the Board. Those who accepted were Master Robyn Solarius, Lady Erlan Nordenskaldr, Mistress Arianna Morgan, and myself.

      You can find more information about the structure that we established for the Board and the KWC, along with our plans for promoting period choral music, on the KWC Yahoo Group in this document: http://tinyurl.com/4fmp9xh (you can also navigate to it by going to http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/KWChoir/, selecting "Files" from the lefthand navigation pane, and then the folder for "Board of Directors" where you'll find a document called "KWC Structure 10-21-2010"). This document was also sent to the KWC membership email list last October.
      Thanks!

      Arianna of Wynthrope