Re: [KWChoir] period rounds

  • mlaf
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 18 8:28 PM
      Ooh, I would love one of those, myself....How much?

      Melandra
      I have a hodge podge of rounds not in digital format that I have in a booklet put together when I taught that class in kingdom and at Pennsic. I can either mail one to you or fax it.

      Ysolt

      On 3/18/2011 9:27 PM, isabel1445 wrote:

      Hello!
      I am planning to teach a beginner class on period singing in the round, and am looking for some good sources for songs. Thanks for you help.
      Isabel

      --
      Maîtresse Ysolt la Bretonne, OP
      Barony of Windmasters' Hill
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 19 7:16 AM

        >From: isabel1445 <belight4@...>
        >
        >Hello!
        >I am planning to teach a beginner class on period singing in the round, and am
        >looking for some good sources for songs. Thanks for you help.

        Rounds and Canons:
        Facsimilies and some modern editions of Ravenscroft (many rounds) are here:
        http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/ravenscroft/

        Canons from the Llibre Vermell:
        http://www.lluisvives.com/servlet/SirveObras/jlv/12037282889047518532735/ima0046.htm

        Sumer is icumen in or Perspice Christicola
        http://www.soton.ac.uk/~wpwt/harl978/sumerms.htm
        modern transcription can be found here:
        http://maucamedus.net/transcriptions-e.html
        If the melody line is more than you want to tackle teaching, you can use the Pes
        as the round you teach and just let those that already know the melody do that.

        Good luck with your class!
        Jennifer/Gwendolyn
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 19 12:49 PM
          I highly recommend a book called "Rounds and Rounds" by Mary Taylor. Almost everything in it is period, mostly from Ravenscroft. It's out of print but you may be able to get it from the library, or Amazon has a few people selling used copies.

          Best of luck!

          Arianna

          --- On Fri, 3/18/11, isabel1445 <belight4@...> wrote:

          Hello!
          I am planning to teach a beginner class on period singing in the round, and am looking for some good sources for songs. Thanks for you help.
          Isabel

        • Marcus Antaya
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 19 7:52 PM
            Me too, please...

            lol

            Lord Gyric of Otershaghe
            Troubadour, Entertainer and generally all-around Chaotic Neutral guy
            REMEMBER: Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines....

            Ooh, I would love one of those, myself....How much?

            Melandra
            I have a hodge podge of rounds not in digital format that I have in a booklet put together when I taught that class in kingdom and at Pennsic. I can either mail one to you or fax it.

            Ysolt

            On 3/18/2011 9:27 PM, isabel1445 wrote:

            Hello!
            I am planning to teach a beginner class on period singing in the round, and am looking for some good sources for songs. Thanks for you help.
            Isabel

            --
            Maîtresse Ysolt la Bretonne, OP
            Me TBarony of Windmasters' Hill