Re: [KWChoir] Re: vocal music at KWDS

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14 8:33 AM
      I wish I could go - that sounds fun!

      My choir did a whole concert of pieces about dancing two years ago, so if you're looking for more music options, Deonna, let me know.

      Arianna

      Deonna wrote:

      As many of you know, there will be a Knowne world dance (and music) symposium in Bloomington Indiana on the weekend just before the 4th of July.  I was considering doing a vocal class.  So, I thought before I propsed the class officially, I check to see here if there was any interest.  This would be specifically songs about dancing.  Not intended for performance per se but I thought I'd pick 4 songs that everyone can try and learn before hand and then we can put it together at the event.
      So far I've come up with these:
      William Byrd  "Though Amaryllis Dance"  (SATB)
      Thomas Morley  "Ho Who Comes Here"  (SSAA)
      Thomas Weelkes  "Sing we at Pleasure"  (SSATB)
      Thomas Weelkes  "Since Robin Hood  (SAA/T)

      So what do you think?  These are not necessarily easy pieces, the Byrd being particularly tricky rhythmically but well worth the effort.  There wouldn't be lots of time to get together but they are all interesting if a bit later than my usual preferences.  I do not have the computer savvy needed to try and provide music or recordings but if someone did and would like to help, that would be great.