Re: vocal music at KWDS

  • Maria Eskinazi
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14, 2011

      snip>>>>>>
      As many of you know, there will be a Knowne world dance (and music) symposium in Bloomington Indiana on the weekend just before the 4th of July.  I was considering doing a vocal class.  So, I thought before I propsed the class officially, I check to see here if there was any interest.  This would be specifically songs about dancing.  Not intended for performance per se but I thought I'd pick 4 songs that everyone can try and learn before hand and then we can put it together at the event.
      So far I've come up with these:
      William Byrd  "Though Amaryllis Dance"  (SATB)
      Thomas Morley  "Ho Who Comes Here"  (SSAA)
      Thomas Weelkes  "Sing we at Pleasure"  (SSATB)
      Thomas Weelkes  "Since Robin Hood  (SAA/T)

      So what do you think?  These are not necessarily easy pieces, the Byrd being particularly tricky rhythmically but well worth the effort.  There wouldn't be lots of time to get together but they are all interesting if a bit later than my usual preferences.  I do not have the computer savvy needed to try and provide music or recordings but if someone did and would like to help, that would be great.

      On a final note most of you probably do not know who am becuase my energies at Pennsic are usually focused elsewhere (loud band)  but I like to sing and there it is.

      Cheers
      Deonna von Aachen
      <<<<<<un snip

      Deonna is also VERY good at what she does ... and happens to be Erlan's Music Laurel..... by the way.
        I will be participating in her class... as Deonna and I are sharing a room at KWDS  (and might be driving out together as well....)

      I have not decided what music class I will teach yet out there.. its' my first symposium so I may just take classes. I don't dance but I like the music.

      erlan

      Messages in this topic (4)
      2d. Re: KWDS
          Posted by: "Margrett Norwoode" mistressmargrett@... mistressmargrett@...
          Date: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:34 am ((PDT))

      I would be very interested in your class and willing to learn the songs for it
      in advance--as long as it's not scheduled up against my early music overview
      class when they make the schedule.

      Margrett

[...]

      <*> Your email settings:
          Digest Email  | Traditional