seasonal concert

  • Beth Gurzler
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 15, 2010
      Hi all,
      The Helderberg Madrigal Singers, 8 voice a cappella choir will be presenting a free concert in St Pauls church, Troy NY Tuesday Dec. 21 at 12 noon The program includes:
      Praetorius - Der winter ist ein stringer gast
           "           In Dulci Jubilo  (8 part)
      Veni, veni Emmanuel  arr by Robert young
      Binchois  veni creator spiritus
      Victoria  - O Magnum mysterium
      di Lasso - La nuict froide et sombre
      Gabrieli - O Magnum mysterium  (8 part)
      Guerrero -  Hombres, victoria
      Venicinco de diciembre
      Rorate
      Sweelinck - Hodie christus natus est
      Muset - quant fe voi yver retonet
      Byrd - Lulla, lullaby
      Morley - you that wont to my pipes sound
      Of course with only 8 of us we always have backups in case of someone in poor voice
      Just haven't decided on the backup pieces yet
    • Michael R. Murphy
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 18, 2010
        My lady and I cannot attend as we live in Chautaauqua county and the distance is too far.  Yet we have done half these numbers at Pennsic with the KWC.  It is a very admirable selection, and I just wanted to wish you well.

        Murchadha
        Herontir

        To: kwchoir@yahoogroups.com