Re: [KWChoir] A challenge has come to me

  • Constance Swanson
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 14, 2010
      Hi.
      I have a CD set called MUSICA SVECIAE FOLK MUSIC IN SWEDEN DEN MEDELTIDA BALLADEN from Caprice Records/ Sveriges Radio P2, Stockholm, 1995. It is a very mixed bag, and nothing is specifically "Viking," but the liner notes  by Bengt R. Jonnson and Margareta Jersild may be helpful if you can get your hands on a copy. If interlibrary loan doesn't work for you, email me off list and I'll try to get the text to you.
      Svea

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 14, 2010
        You might also contact Wyndreth Berginsdottir. She's from far west, but has extensively researched Norse and Viking music. Her written work is also fantastic.

        http://savagedaughter.net/

        "Don't go by night, they said. But she did. Don't stray
        from the road, they said. But she did. Don't follow the
        fire, don't listen to it's music, they said. But she did.
        They meant well, she knew, but they didn't understand."