Re: Has anyone else had trouble printing the PDFs?

  • wodeford
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 10, 2005
      --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "DON HARRINGTON" <donharrington@m...>
      wrote:
      > That's part of the challenge; you're supposed to rewrite them in neumes.

      You can't fool me, all these pieces are too LATE for neumes to be able
      to deal with all the fiddly bits. ;-> White mensural anyone?

      > Seriously, I don't know why you're having trouble with them, but I
      can do a couple of things for you - I could export them to graphics
      files which might print more easily on your machine, for instance.

      That would rock. We put some new memory cards in my old Compaq a
      couple weeks ago and I keep discovering new and exciting things that
      need to be reinstalled or don't work the way they used to. (Explorer
      has a tendency to crash right after you open it up, which is why we
      switched to Netscape.)

      > Some of these I took straight from the Public Domain Choral Library
      site and they worked for me.

      Yes, I saw that and tried doing it from there too and the same thing
      happened.

      Seriously, if you have the time to send me the files in an alternate
      format, I'd be glad to try it. (You can send them to wodeford at yahoo
      dot com offlist.) I'd really like to be able to get familiar with the
      pieces I don't know before turning up at a rehearsal.

      A thousand thanks,
      Jehanne de Wodeford
    • Merrin Davidson
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 10, 2005
        I was able to get the music to print, but I can't seem to make the
        midis work. Jehanne, maybe between the two of us we have the whole
        thing <grin> I could fax the sheets to you. Too bad we aren't in
        proximity to practice together before I head to Arizona on Tuesday.

        Looking forward to meeting all of you, even if I'm not completely
        familiar with the music yet,

        Na'arah bat Avraham

        <donharrington@m...> wrote:
        > That's part of the challenge; you're supposed to rewrite them in
        neumes.

        > Seriously, I don't know why you're having trouble with them, but I
        can do a couple of things for you - I could export them to graphics
        files which might print more easily on your machine, for instance.
        Some of these I took straight from the Public Domain Choral Library
        site and they worked for me - but there are so many possible
        combinations of software and hardware these days, that doesn't mean
        anything really.

        > Also, is anybody else having problems?
        >
        > Don Harrington
        > Lazarus Artifex

        of Service<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.
      • L Joseph
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 10, 2005
          --- Merrin Davidson <the_momstable@...>
          wrote:
          > I was able to get the music to print, but I can't
          > seem to make the midis work. Jehanne, maybe between
          > the two of us we have the whole
          > thing <grin> I could fax the sheets to you.
          Sorry, sweetie, I'm off work and don't have a fax
          here. I have a couple of different media players on
          this machine and the midis defaulted to Quicktime.
          Don't know what you're using.

          J.

          =====
          Fiat simii.

          Iocundum nunquam cessat.

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        • wodeford
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 11, 2005
            A big thank you to Lazarus, who sent me the scores in jpeg format. My
            printer is still digesting "Pastime" as we speak.

            Jehanne