Re: [KWChoir] A challenge has come to me

  • Staci
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 12, 2010
      You should contact Sven!  Sven Tunheim, he's on youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58W0t0LwHkQ   :)

      Not sure how to get in touch with him tho, he's local to Madison, WI (Jararvellir, NS) for now, but his living situation is changing-up so that may change soon-ish.

      --s

      On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Abbie <rienan@...> wrote:

      Hi guys!

      I have recently been challenged to do some research into a musical area I'm not familiar with. I thought I'd share, because it's fun!

      Does anyone have any resources for Viking or Viking-esk music? I know they were primarily aural, and I've found a few websites with very little information. Can anyone help?

      Thanks,

      Abbie

    • Constance Swanson
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 14, 2010
        Hi.
        I have a CD set called MUSICA SVECIAE FOLK MUSIC IN SWEDEN DEN MEDELTIDA BALLADEN from Caprice Records/ Sveriges Radio P2, Stockholm, 1995. It is a very mixed bag, and nothing is specifically "Viking," but the liner notes  by Bengt R. Jonnson and Margareta Jersild may be helpful if you can get your hands on a copy. If interlibrary loan doesn't work for you, email me off list and I'll try to get the text to you.
        Svea

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 14, 2010
          You might also contact Wyndreth Berginsdottir. She's from far west, but has extensively researched Norse and Viking music. Her written work is also fantastic.

          http://savagedaughter.net/

          "Don't go by night, they said. But she did. Don't stray
          from the road, they said. But she did. Don't follow the
          fire, don't listen to it's music, they said. But she did.
          They meant well, she knew, but they didn't understand."