Re: [KWChoir] Pennsic Choir - Pennsic 39: Thank you, thank you, thank you!

  • Michelle Faid
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 17, 2010
      Thank you guys for having me as a section lead. I'm so glad to have participated. It made Pennsic so great for me on a lot of levels, and our selection this year was really, startlingly, amazingly outstanding. NINE pieces, and we blew them away. At the end of Ave Maria, as we sang 'amen', my partner said she got chills sitting in the audience.

      Thank you to Robyn, Arianna, the other section leaders, and everyone else. I had a lovely year.

      Tegwen verch Cyddifor ap Bleddyd

      Forgive the name that was listed; it was my Pennsic registered name, and a prank from my camp. *sigh* An Scielle means 'of the party'.

      "Don't go by night, they said. But she did. Don't stray
      from the road, they said. But she did. Don't follow the
      fire, don't listen to it's music, they said. But she did.
      They meant well, she knew, but they didn't understand."

      On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 11:07 PM, misbrisby <misbrisby@...> wrote:

      Thank you Robyn for your wonderful work.

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 18, 2010
        Thank you, Robyn, for running the rehearsals efficiently, for working hard and expecting hard work from us and for giving us the opportunity to do beautiful music! Thanks to Arianna for being tenor section leader, for starting the teaser concert (which was huge fun imo!) among her many other contributions,  and to Erlan for her innumerable contributions. And thanks to all who put in the effort to sing together!

        -Jennifer/Gwendolyn

      • Erlan
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 25, 2010
          Hello all,
          Back to civilization. I forgot to reset all my groups to receive e mail. What a Moderator I make.

          Thank you everyone. Robyn, this was one of the most amazing years in all of my 20. And to EVERYONE who participated... it's a group effort and it's not a one person show. and YOU DID IT. WOW.
          I went home with this high in my soul... and feeling amazing and that's something I haven't felt in a very long time.

          After this past year, I've really felt like the music was dead inside me and this was just what I personally needed. I still cried every time you rehearsed Weep o mine eyes.... and Innsbruck.... but I have come home singing and laughing and remembering how strong music is and how empowering the human voice can be and how life changing those voices are together.

          Thank you Ariana for really taking charge this year and putting everything together. You are a good friend. I mean that.

          OK.. we are working on putting a lot of things together... Robyn has an emial list together and we're talking about a new website that will be a resource for singers all over the Known World...! We're talking about next year's Concert and rumor has it... there will be a very VERY special director... more details on that to follow...

          Be safe everyone and I WILL see you next year. !!

          erlan
          director emeritas

          PS I LOVE THE BANNER