Re: Introduction

  • wodeford
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 10, 2005
      --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, maria daggett <erlannordenskald@y...>
      wrote:
      > The Conductor has chosen an enjoyable and challenging program.
      "Challenging" meaning the Landini? ;-> Looks like fun stuff and I even
      know some of these already.

      If I can get the blasted scores to download correctly. The only one
      that has printed out properly was "Springime Mantleth Every Bough."

      Doggone it, this is frustrating. ;-(

      Jehanne
    • Lorraine Herr
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 27, 2007
        Good evening, gentle cousins,

        Permit me to introduce myself. I am Lady Angela Rosa Dellamora of the
        Barony of Stromgard in the Kingdom of An Tir. For the last two years,
        I have performed as as a mezzo soprano with a local early music
        consort, Musica Draconis. We perform at both SCA and non SCA events and
        try to share as much joy through music as possible! In my mundane life,
        I have performed for over thirty years in a wide variety of venues.

        My household and I are delighted to discover that we will be able to
        attend Estrella this coming February, and are looking forward to the
        musical experiences at the event. Please do let me know if there is
        anything we can do to help in advance of the event. Looking forward
        to meeting many fellow musicians!

        In service,

        Angela
      • L Dinsmore
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 28, 2007
          So do we have a director for KWC for Estrella, and did I miss the sign up??

          Illuminada Eugenia de Guadalupe y Godoy
          Caid

        • Donald F. Harrington
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 28, 2007
            Luckily, you didn't miss the sign-up because you don't have to sign up in advance to participate.  You just have to show up at two of the rehearsals.  I've been working with the gate-book because last year some people had trouble finding the info about us.  (It was in there, but so was a lot of other stuff.)  The rehearsals (noon to two on Wed-Sat) and the performance (2:00 pm Sunday) are both listed in the A&S Collegium schedule.  The performance is listed again under special events.  And just to make more sure, I bought a quarter-page ad for the performance, including a reference to the rehearsals in the Collegium schedule.  The only other thing I can think of to do to boost advertising is to get some fliers printed up before the war and pay off some urchins to put them up everywhere they can find.  (Thanks to Amy Marie for helping me coordinate the advance publication schedule.)

            Everything except one rehearsal is at the Grand Pavilion, including the performance.  (Saturday rehearsal is being graciously hosted by Her Grace Deille of Farnham's encampment, which we also used last year.  Saturday, the Grand Pavilion is booked up.)

            I admit I'm behind schedule on picking out music and getting it posted to this Yahoo! group website and my own, so any suggestions that people may have I'd very much love to hear.

            Don Harrington
            Lazarus Artifex

            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 28, 2007
              Good morning, gentle cousins,

              My Lord Lazarus, thank you for the very helpful information about participating --- showing up for rehearsal sounds like a reasonably simple thing to do.  Our household plans to arrive on Tuesday quite early (actually, will probably roll in from Portland late Monday night!), so we should be all set up by Tuesday afternoon.  Do let me know if there is anything you might need help with, in term setting up, sorting music, etc.  I would be more than happy to assist you.

              And, if a Very new newcomer can make some suggestions for music:

              Arcadelt        -- Il Bianco e Dolce Cigno
              Certon          -- La, la, la, je ne l'ose dire
              des Pres        -- El Grillo
              di Lasso        -- Je L'ayme bien
              El Viejo         -- Dindirin
              Monserrat     -- Stella Splendens
              Sermisy         -- Tant Que Vivrai
              Vecchi           -- Deh Prega amor il fato

              These are some wonderful bits, and Not Too Hard to learn in several days' time.  (And yes, I have Noteworthy scores in several keys to most of them!)

              Looking forward to meeting everyone in 48 days!

              YIS,

              Angela Rosa Dellamora

              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 2 11:21 AM
                Some of these we've done, but many we have not.  I've always been fond of Stella Splendens, thanks for the great suggestions!

                Don Harrington
                Lazarus Artifex

                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010
                  My name is Patricia, known in the SCA as Isabelle de Foix. I am interested in all sorts of medieval music especially troubadour music.
                  THL Isabelle de Foix

                  blog URL: http://verte76.blogspot.com/

                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 3, 2010
                    Welcome to the Known World Choir email list, Isabelle!

                    We're pretty quiet except around big wars with choir activity, but feel free to contact the list if you have any questions.

                    Arianna

                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 3, 2010
                      I'm interested in troubadour books.