"Il est bel et bon" pronunciation guide

  • dsrubin2004
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 30, 2010
      Hi folks,

      Tegwen did NOT pull a fail on "Il est bel et bon", I just got a couple of conflicting inputs into some of the pronunciations so I pulled it back until I could clarify things. :-)

      As I am at another music camp this weekend that is BURYING me I haven't had time but for a moment or two to check in on email. Please hold off on printing any of the pronunciation guides for "Il est bel et bon" for now. I'll go through them Sunday/Monday and bring copies of the final version to the war.

      If you DO want to use one of the early versions for a head start, go ahead but be prepared to change a few pronunciations once I get the final version in place.

      Once again, thanks to Tegwen for doing YEOMAN'S work on these pronunciations, and I only need to clarify a couple of spots.

      Robyn

      --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Michelle Faid <trinitysong@...> wrote:

      > Also, as a note, I will have these on hand at practice, but I will only be
      > able to afford to make about 10 copies as my ink cartridge on my copier is
      > dying; I will leave rehearsal with people to take a master copy to Mystic
      > Mail for copying afterwards, and intersperse what copies I have.
      >

      > "Don't go by night, they said. But she did. Don't stray
      > from the road, they said. But she did. Don't follow the
      > fire, don't listen to it's music, they said. But she did.
      > They meant well, she knew, but they didn't understand."
      >

      > On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 1:33 PM, Michelle Faid <trinitysong@...>wrote:
      >
      > > I apparently pulled a fail on sending Il est bel et to Robyn; I'm
      > > correcting that. I did have a pronunciation, but I think after a while my
      > > head became phonetic swirls of capitalized letters and I got stupid.
      > >
      > > It's a small word doc, so I'm attaching it here too, but Robyn should have
      > > a copy momentarily.
      > >

      > > "Don't go by night, they said. But she did. Don't stray
      > > from the road, they said. But she did. Don't follow the
      > > fire, don't listen to it's music, they said. But she did.
      > > They meant well, she knew, but they didn't understand."
      > >

      > > On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 11:54 AM, Margrett Norwoode <
      > > mistressmargrett@...> wrote:
      > >

      > >> You're very welcome--I also was intimidated by Il Est Bel as well,
      > >> especially since the Pippins already sing it (but learned it before I joined
      > >> the group) and they sing it fast. That's why I was looking for help online
      > >> myself.
      > >>
      > >> Margrett

    • Michelle Faid
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 30, 2010
        Eep, apologies, my misunderstanding. I'll hold off on printing as well.

        Tegwen