Has anyone else had trouble printing the PDFs?

  • wodeford
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 10, 2005
      For reasons known only to the computer gods, I've just tried to print
      out the files for Estrella and all I get are staffs, lyrics and
      vertical lines where the notes should be.

      Hints on how to fix this greatly appreciated. I would prefer not to
      have to draw the notes in by hand if I don't have to.

      Jehanne
    • Ealasaid nic Suibhne
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 10, 2005
        --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "wodeford" <wodeford@y...> wrote:

        > For reasons known only to the computer gods, I've just tried to
        print
        > out the files for Estrella and all I get are staffs, lyrics and
        > vertical lines where the notes should be.
        >
        > Hints on how to fix this greatly appreciated. I would prefer not to
        > have to draw the notes in by hand if I don't have to.
        >
        > Jehanne

        Jehanne,

        I just printed "Tanzen und Springen" and it printed out correctly.
        It looked strange on my monitor, but printed cleanly and clearly. I
        could not get the zipped file to unzip, though.

        I'm using Acrobat Reader 5.0. Do you have an earlier version,
        perhaps?

        Ealasaid
        An Atenveldt Alto

        In case anyone doesn't know, you can get a free reader at:

        http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/main.html

        the icon is half way down the "page".
      • L Joseph
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 10, 2005
          --- Ealasaid nic Suibhne <ealasaid@...> wrote:

          > I just printed "Tanzen und Springen" and it printed
          > out correctly.
          > It looked strange on my monitor, but printed cleanly
          > and clearly. I
          > could not get the zipped file to unzip, though.
          >
          > I'm using Acrobat Reader 5.0. Do you have an
          > earlier version,
          > perhaps?
          I've got Acrobat Reader 6.0. I'm using Netscape
          Navigator, because Explorer has been having issues
          lately. I even went to the original website where many
          of these came from and tried printing from there, but
          no go.

          Jehanne

          =====
          Fiat simii.

          Iocundum nunquam cessat.

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        • DON HARRINGTON
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 10, 2005
            That's part of the challenge; you're supposed to rewrite them in neumes.

            Seriously, I don't know why you're having trouble with them, but I can do a couple of things for you - I could export them to graphics files which might print more easily on your machine, for instance.  Some of these I took straight from the Public Domain Choral Library site and they worked for me - but there are so many possible combinations of software and hardware these days, that doesn't mean anything really.

            Also, is anybody else having problems?

            Don Harrington
            Lazarus Artifex

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 10, 2005
              --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "DON HARRINGTON" <donharrington@m...>
              wrote:
              > That's part of the challenge; you're supposed to rewrite them in neumes.

              You can't fool me, all these pieces are too LATE for neumes to be able
              to deal with all the fiddly bits. ;-> White mensural anyone?

              > Seriously, I don't know why you're having trouble with them, but I
              can do a couple of things for you - I could export them to graphics
              files which might print more easily on your machine, for instance.

              That would rock. We put some new memory cards in my old Compaq a
              couple weeks ago and I keep discovering new and exciting things that
              need to be reinstalled or don't work the way they used to. (Explorer
              has a tendency to crash right after you open it up, which is why we
              switched to Netscape.)

              > Some of these I took straight from the Public Domain Choral Library
              site and they worked for me.

              Yes, I saw that and tried doing it from there too and the same thing
              happened.

              Seriously, if you have the time to send me the files in an alternate
              format, I'd be glad to try it. (You can send them to wodeford at yahoo
              dot com offlist.) I'd really like to be able to get familiar with the
              pieces I don't know before turning up at a rehearsal.

              A thousand thanks,
              Jehanne de Wodeford
            • Merrin Davidson
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 10, 2005
                I was able to get the music to print, but I can't seem to make the
                midis work. Jehanne, maybe between the two of us we have the whole
                thing <grin> I could fax the sheets to you. Too bad we aren't in
                proximity to practice together before I head to Arizona on Tuesday.

                Looking forward to meeting all of you, even if I'm not completely
                familiar with the music yet,

                Na'arah bat Avraham

                <donharrington@m...> wrote:
                > That's part of the challenge; you're supposed to rewrite them in
                neumes.

                > Seriously, I don't know why you're having trouble with them, but I
                can do a couple of things for you - I could export them to graphics
                files which might print more easily on your machine, for instance.
                Some of these I took straight from the Public Domain Choral Library
                site and they worked for me - but there are so many possible
                combinations of software and hardware these days, that doesn't mean
                anything really.

                > Also, is anybody else having problems?
                >
                > Don Harrington
                > Lazarus Artifex

                of Service<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.
              • L Joseph
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 10, 2005
                  --- Merrin Davidson <the_momstable@...>
                  wrote:
                  > I was able to get the music to print, but I can't
                  > seem to make the midis work. Jehanne, maybe between
                  > the two of us we have the whole
                  > thing <grin> I could fax the sheets to you.
                  Sorry, sweetie, I'm off work and don't have a fax
                  here. I have a couple of different media players on
                  this machine and the midis defaulted to Quicktime.
                  Don't know what you're using.

                  J.

                  =====

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 11, 2005
                    A big thank you to Lazarus, who sent me the scores in jpeg format. My
                    printer is still digesting "Pastime" as we speak.

                    Jehanne