RE: Estrella

  • maria daggett
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 27, 2005
      I just want every one to know that I am SO excited
      about the first KWC at Estrella. Its such a big step
      to bring this great group out to Estrella. And it's
      not like it's actually a group but an idea and a
      director and a group of people willing to re-create
      the music of the renaissance.
      I've been the so-called leader of the KWC for 9
      years now and it's been a quest to really make it
      KNOWN WORLD and get volunteers to take over different
      events and it's happening.

      I want to say a HUGE thank you for singing... for
      commmitting the time. Support the director... and
      have fun.

      I wish I could be there. I realy really do.
      I will be there in spirit and please know that you
      have my support and that even though I am not able to
      be there, I'm really proud to see this idea of the
      Known World Choir spread accross the USA.

      Thank you......

      ERlandr Nordskald
      Co-ordinator Known World
      Director Emeritas KWC@Pennsic

      http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo
    • wodeford
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 16, 2005
        Looks like I've got the time off! Looking forward to singing again. I
        had a blast last year.

        Jehanne de Wodeford, West Kingdom
      • Maria Daggett
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 10, 2007
          Far as I know, there will be a choir at Estrella...
          More details will follow.
          This would be the third year for that.
          :)

          > Erlandr, is there a Choir in the works for Estrella? I'm
          > planning on
          > attending and am wondering. Pennsic choir was wonderful and
          > would
          > like to sing again . . .
          >
          > Celaena, EK

          that gives answers, not web links.
        • DON HARRINGTON
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 10, 2007
            Fourth year, actually.

            We've talked about some alternatives for director, but it hasn't been productive.  I hadn't realized that a Choir commitment was 'till death do us part.  Smiley emoticon

            I went ahead and put up a holding page for it on my website and reloaded the previous 3 years files, so all the music we've done up to now is available (www.donharrington.net, click on the <Known World Choir> menu item).  I believe we have rehearsal space reserved in the A&S pavilion as in years past, but the performance location is still up for discussion.  I'm voting for during Queen's Tea, rather than after it.  People have also commented that we should promote the Choir more on the War website and in the program book.  Last year, it was hard to find it in the program book and impossible to find on the War site, but that may have had more to do with production problems than anything else.  Nonetheless, it's important to have the info available.

            I love doing the Choir, but my time on the war site is limited to only a few hours each day.  Last year, my household made joking comments that I was just treating them like a hotel, showing up for a minute, running off to rehearsal, coming back for a minute and leaving.  I admit I was reluctant to say yes to another year, but it looks like that would be the best for now.  What we need to do is open up a 4-Kingdom search for alternate directors, since we usually have at least 4 Kingdoms as treaty signers.  Within the Kingdom of Atenveldt, we know most of the people and they all say, "weren't you doing it again, Laz?  It's a tradition now".

            Don Harrington
            Lazarus Artifex

            Far as I know, there will be a choir at Estrella...
            More details will follow.
            This would be the third year for that.
            :)

            > Erlandr, is there a Choir in the works for Estrella? I'm
            > planning on
            > attending and am wondering. Pennsic choir was wonderful and
            > would
            > like to sing again . . .
            >
            > Celaena, EK

            that gives answers, not web links.
            http://mobile. yahoo.com/ mobileweb/ onesearch? refer=1ONXIC

          • Maria Daggett
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 14, 2007
              Til Death Due Us part
              That's funny!
              Absolutely not Lazarus. And you're right it will be the 4th
              year. How quickly time passes.
              It's fun doing the choir, but I don't reccommend doing it for
              all the years in a row. It's tiring and you miss so much else of
              the war. Three years is a lot more than I had even hoped for.

              It's important for musicians out in the West end of the US to
              look amongst themselves for a possible director. It certainly
              will be nice to have the Choir at Estrella, however not at the
              expense of anyone's war experience of course.
              I never know if I am able to make it out there in time to
              commit to doing it.

              Even if someone has an inkling of experience and the dedication
              to try, I can work with them to make it happen. Lazarus is
              willing I'm sure to help guide a new person through the process
              of getting rehearsal/performance space and working out details.

              So, choir members, think about it.... do you know a person who
              might be suited to direct Estrella this year, well, next year
              actually (2008)?
              Perhaps a singer from the last year? Maybe you can do it.

              Just thoughts

            • Gwenfain Verch Gorwan
              Message 6 of 13 , May 3, 2008
                Well i was pondering if i should just lurk for a bit or hop right in. I
                decided to hop in ()8) My name is Gwenfain Verch Gorwan from Santa
                Monica, CA (Kingdom of Caid) I sing either soprano or alto and am
                trying really really hard to get Pensics this year. I look forward to
                seeing the music for this year at least so I can learn some new songs.
                I am currently working in my family business and in my spare time am
                writing a novel.
                Well that is all there is about me. Just wanted to introduce myself and
                hope to meet some of y'all at Pennsic this year ()8)
              • mary-flo@sympatico.ca
                Message 7 of 13 , May 3, 2008

                  This'll be my first Pennsic too!  Can't wait!!

                  Life is short!
                  Forgive quickly!
                  Love truly,
                  Laugh uncontrollably
                  .

                  Love life, live gratefully,

                  Blessings and hugs,

                  Mary-florence

                  www.mary-flo.com

                  Message 8 of 13 , May 4, 2008
                    Greetings fellow KW Choir members,

                    My name is Denw verch Rhys and I too am looking forward to Pennsic this year. I recently moved and now I am situated 1 hour from our campsite at Cooper's. I have sung in at least 4 KW Choirs at Pennsic and have enjoyed every minute. Hope to see all of you there this year.

                    Yours in music,

                    Denw

                    To: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com
                    From: gwenfain@...
                    Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 18:32:31 +0000

                    Well i was pondering if i should just lurk for a bit or hop right in. I
                    decided to hop in ()8) My name is Gwenfain Verch Gorwan from Santa
                    Monica, CA (Kingdom of Caid) I sing either soprano or alto and am
                    trying really really hard to get Pensics this year. I look forward to
                    seeing the music for this year at least so I can learn some new songs.
                    I am currently working in my family business and in my spare time am
                    writing a novel.
                    Well that is all there is about me. Just wanted to introduce myself and
                    hope to meet some of y'all at Pennsic this year ()8)

                    With Windows Live for mobile, your contacts travel with you. Connect on the go.
                  • June
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 18, 2008
                      I have but 2 requests

                      1st - does anyone have a CD they are willing to send me for appropiate
                      compensation ($) from the Pennsic 37 Concert this past summer?

                      2nd - our Shire is helping at a local community Demo. The community
                      theme for the Demo "A Dickens Christmas" Am interested in period
                      music - and we will most probably do some of the more common stand=bys
                      of today (hooks people)

                      Your Assistance is most welcomed and appreciated!

                      Mairghreicc
                      aka "Meitheamh"
                      aka "June"
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 18, 2008
                        Lady Erlan can probably help you with the CD.

                        For the Dickens Christmas, are you interested in music from Dickens' time period, or the SCA's time period? There's a lot of stuff suitable for DIckens that's OOP for us...

                        For the SCA, all of the holiday music Erlan did this past Pennsic is in period, plus my choir also likes the following:

                        Noel Nouvelet (French carol)
                        O Come, O Come Emmanuel (though it sounds better in Latin)
                        Personent Hodie
                        In Dulci Jubilo
                        Coventry Carol
                        Beata Progenies
                        The Holly and the Ivy
                        Nowell Sing We Both Alle and Som
                        Gloucestorshire Wassail
                        Lo How a Rose E'er Blooming (better in German)

                        Arianna of Wynthrope

                        1st - does anyone have a CD they are willing to send me for appropiate
                        compensation ($) from the Pennsic 37 Concert this past summer?

                        2nd - our Shire is helping at a local community Demo. The community
                        theme for the Demo "A Dickens Christmas" Am interested in period
                        music - and we will most probably do some of the more common stand=bys
                        of today (hooks people)

                        Your Assistance is most welcomed and appreciated!

                        Mairghreicc
                        aka "Meitheamh"
                        aka "June"

                        http://mail.yahoo.com
                      • June Whalen
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 18, 2008

                          Thank you for the quick response!

                          I am hoping for nice and easy pieces - in time period (although the modern are more known)

                          Our Shire is many things - Arts and Sciences Heavy being the most notable - however a choir we are not - many of us sing (and I am in KWC).

                          A few you mention I am aware of - the others not.

                          I wil look into them

                          Thank You

                          Mairghreicc

                          1st - does anyone have a CD they are willing to send me for appropiate
                          compensation ($) from the Pennsic 37 Concert this past summer?

                          2nd - our Shire is helping at a local community Demo. The community
                          theme for the Demo "A Dickens Christmas" Am interested in period
                          music - and we will most probably do some of the more common stand=bys
                          of today (hooks people)

                          Your Assistance is most welcomed and appreciated!

                          Mairghreicc
                          aka "Meitheamh"
                          aka "June"

                          Do You Yahoo!?