Performing Arts Newsletter is Online!!

  • Tracey Duncan
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 2, 2010
      The newest edition of Rendition, the newsletter for the Performing Arts in the Kingdom of Atlantia is now online and available here!

      Lady Rosanella Vespucci
      Argent, a hummingbird rising to sinister vert between three roses gules within an orle purpure

    • Erlandr Nordenskald
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 4, 2010
        Hi all
        I know you're probably thinking.. WOW, we've got Robyn's music all tidy and as usual, we are waiting on Erlan... guess I can't quite seem to get up to that digital age... and actually put a slice of music online...
        Have no fear... I will.
        Here's the thing... I actually haven't decided what I want to do yet.. I know .. you're thinking.. "Erlan you are the repository of all things early music and the goddess of knowledge, what for ever do you mean"... yes I know, BUT.. I want to fit in nicely with Robyn's program.. yet, I need it to be something for ME.. more.. medicinal and theraputic...
        So, I can't decided.

        It's almost a year since Zach died. ON Friday evening is the Burial I've been planning.... I chartered a boat, as you know, rather a "ship" and I'm putting a custom made Norwegian Faering on it.. and I know that you can't put a ship on a boat... you have to put a boat ON a ship... sea rules... So, when that is over.. I think I can really move forward.
        Again should anyone happen to be traveling to NY and want to attend the Burial... viking style burial... then please let me know. I still have a little room on the ship...

        Also, I guess I wouldn't mind some suggestions on something that I might be able to do.. I mean I have a few things in my head...
        Tu Pauperum Refugim by Josquin is on the top of the list...
        it's really very beautiful and emotional.. not too long.. and I guarantee that I will cry at the end... so ... :)
        then I thought, I should choose something TOTALLY FUNNY and silly... so... I've got a Matteo Flecha piece sitting there also...
        Not crazy about sticking another Latin or Spanish piece in.. on all the other language stuff you need to do..
        So...
        there's where I am at folks...

        Again, I thank all of you for ALL the support you've given me over the past year.. It has NOT been easy for me and I really didn't bounce back into life very well, I still haven't... but I am trying.

        Be well

        Erlan
      • annoney@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 4, 2010
          OFF LIST

          Who told you, you would be over the loss in a year?  It is because you loved each other so much is why it hurts so much.  Take all the time you need.

          My Father died in November.  When ever my husband and I went to get a Christmas tree, the first Christmas in our new house, I would start crying.  Picking out the family Christmas tree was the job for my Father and I.  Every time I smelled the trees, it hit me hard.

          I finally told my husband that we were going to have a fake tree.  He said he was starting to think so because the smell of fresh real trees made me cry.  I explained that their was another reason.  Real trees do not have strong enough limbs for what I wanted to do.  If I avoided thinking of my Father the first Christmas, it would still be there the following Christmas.  So I made up my mind rather than avoid the memories and grief, I would revel in them.  I decorated the tree with things that associated with my Father.  There was a rosery for his Roman Catholic beliefs, a string of M&M candy lights, cast iron models of planes (he was a private pilot but also raised me on air shows), A B-17 that he and my Father-in-Law toured the summer before my Father died, a football helmet with the Redskins logo (his favorite sports team) . . . .the list goes on.

          I did not warn my Mother when she came down for Christmas.  She looked at my tree with a Blue Angel (jet plane) wired at the top for the tree topper and other strange decorations.  Then it dawned on her.  We hugged each other and had a good cry.

          I have since suggested that people should do the same thing when a family member dies.  Set up a tree to celebrate the person.  When decorating the tree, invite family and friends to come and help.  Each person is to bring an ornament that reminds them of the deceased.  As they hang their offering, they can tell a story about why they picked this one. Their will be laughter, love and tears all around.  At least that is what I have heard from people who have tried it.  It helped everyone on their journey through their own grieving process.

          I hope this helps you.

          Love,
          Theresa

        • scadianbluemusician
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 5, 2010
            Theresa: this is touching and beautiful. thank you for this posting. Sapphira/Blue (long term lurker on the list)

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 5, 2010
              I'm sorry.  I did not mean to take up so much bandwidth.  I meant to just send it to Erlan.  Sorry.

              Theresa

              In a message dated 7/5/2010 9:30:16 A.M. Central Daylight Time, blue_white_figleaf@... writes:
              Theresa: this is touching and beautiful. thank you for this posting. Sapphira/Blue (long term lurker on the list)

              --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, annoney@... wrote:

              > OFF LIST

            • Maria Eskinazi
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 17, 2010
                Hey folks
                  OK, after long brain discussions... I have chosen a very light later period madrigal (Totally unlike my usual) but Zach loved this song and I love it and it's fun and a little "dirty" so we can have fun with it.

                4 Parts
                Hard By  A Fountain
                By Hurbert Waelrunt 1518-95

                In English, 2 verses and lot's of fa la la's

                The Wiki Choral thingy link is up there... hope you can find it.

                Of course.. being that I am of the "old school" method...anyone want to put it in the library or create midi's... you have my blessed permission...
                LOL

                I want to have fun.. and this will be fun.. and it shouldn't stress anyone out too much.

                See you in a few weeks

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 17, 2010
                  I found a website that has all of the parts for Erlan's piece available for you to listen to.

                  http://kcbx.net/~mbierbau/fountain.htm

                  Arianna

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 19, 2010

                    I really like this song! But then, my persona is late elizabethan and my favorite elizabethan tunes are the bawdy ones :-)

                    Margrett