The music for Pennsic 39 is up!

  • dsrubin2004
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2010
      Folks,

      The music for Pennsic 39 has been posted!

      But first, through a series of typos, I gave the wrong date for the concert. Here is the corrected rehearsal and performance schedule:

      8/5 (Th), 8/6 (F), 8/7 (Sa), 8/8 (Su), 8/9 (M), 8/11 (W) - 3:00-5:00pm (Performing Arts Pavilion)
      8/10 (T) - 4:15-6:15pm (Performing Arts Pavilion)
      8/11 (W) - "teaser" performance during "Midnight Madness" - about 8pm
      8/12 (Th) (dress rehearsal) - 1:00-3:00pm (Performing Arts Pavilion)
      8/12 (Th!!) (concert) - 6:00-7:00pm (Performing Arts Pavilion)

      The music is this:

      Ave Maria - Josquin (4 part version)
      Fine Knacks for Ladies - Dowland
      Il est bel et bon - Passereau
      Innsbruck, ich muss dich lassen - Isaac
      Matona Mia Cara - di Lasso
      Musica dulci sono - de Rore ("Music is a sweet sound from the heavens....")
      O Salutaris Hostia - de La Rue
      Weep O Mine Eyes - Bennet

      And still maybe a surprise or two...

      All the sheet music is up as well as midi files. I will start working on singing learning tracks with proper pronunciations which should help the learning process go quicker. If you need something other than midi files (like mp3's or your part predominant) let me know.

      The registration page should be active very soon and I will announce when that is ready as well.

      Finally, I think it's worthwhile to hear some good recordings of these songs to get an idea how they can (and should?) sound.... :-)

      The first one (probably most unknown of the bunch) is "Musica dulci sono". Amazon.com has an MP3 of the Hilliard Ensemble doing this song - $.89 for the download. Search for "Musica dulci sono"....

      Very much looking forward to this summer,

      Robyn