Re: [KWChoir] Re: Pennsic Choir - Pennsic 39

    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 11, 2010
      Didn't Erlan do Vittoria's "O Magnum Mysterium" at the Pennsic before last? Not that we can't do it again, but it has been done pretty recently...

      Arianna

      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 11, 2010

        It was Arianna Morgan the year before that.

        Jane

        Karen Kasper wrote:

        Didn't Erlan do Vittoria's "O Magnum Mysterium" at the Pennsic before last? Not that we can't do it again, but it has been done pretty recently...

        Arianna

        O Magnum, beautiful, haunting and gorgeous--can we sing that please?
        Myfanwy

      • Isabel1443
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 11, 2010
          Yes, we did O Magnum Mysterium 2 Pennsics ago.
          Sends a chill down my spine.

          Lady Isabel Henry
          Vert, a mortar and pestle Or and on a
          chief argent four lozenges purpure

          Didn't Erlan do Vittoria's "O Magnum Mysterium" at the Pennsic before last? Not that we can't do it again, but it has been done pretty recently...

          Arianna

          O Magnum, beautiful, haunting and gorgeous--can we sing that please?
          Myfanwy
          Asperges Me Domine is apt for the Easter season and if its 90 degrees in the shade could be a call for a cooling mist. A man for all seasons.

          > Just a thought: Palestrina, Orlando de Lasso. Tomas Luis de Valara. Thomas Morley,

          Hmmm. Just did "Fire, Fire" in a concert with the University of Illinois at Springfield Chorus last night.

          I don't suppose that's the one you're considering? I already know the Bass line. ;-)

          Devin

          "The mass of Men lead lives of quiet desperation because some fool poet has borrowed their tools." R. Underhill (para.)

        • Erlandr Nordenskald
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 12, 2010
            I think that because Arianna Morgan did O Magnum 3 years ago, I did O Quam Glorioso for the "christmas in august" program 2 years ago... but honestly I can't remember.
            It makes me happy to see so much chatter about music on the list... and getting ready for this year's Choir Concert.
            YAY...

            I will be there.. and rumor has it that I may jump in and do one selection... no formal plans have been made as of yet.

            Erlan
          • chrissings@juno.com
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 12, 2010

              Erlandr:

              You also did O Magnum the year after I did!

              Arianna M.

              I think that because Arianna Morgan did O Magnum 3 years ago, I did O Quam Glorioso for the "christmas in august" program 2 years ago... but honestly I can't remember.
              It makes me happy to see so much chatter about music on the list... and getting ready for this year's Choir Concert.
              YAY...

              I will be there.. and rumor has it that I may jump in and do one selection... no formal plans have been made as of yet.

              Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
              AwesomePennyStocks.com
            • smurffirst
              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 12, 2010
                We did do O Magnum three years ago and it is a beautiful piece of music. I still have the music. If you choose to reprise it I will have no objection as I already know it. Yet it might be good to consider expanding our horizons.

                Murchadha

                --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "chrissings@..." <Chrissings@...> wrote:

                > Erlandr:
                > You also did O Magnum the year after I did!
                > Arianna M.

              • Janet Ryan
                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 13, 2010
                  Hey, we could do the MISSA O Magnum Mysterium! lol

                  Really, though, we should hope he gives us at least one thing we didn't already know.
                  Alison