Re: [KWChoir] Re: Pennsic Choir - Pennsic 39

  • Jane Murphy
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 11 1:51 PM

      Thomas Morley.

      Jane

      annoney@... wrote:

      I am not familiar with Fire Fire.  Who wrote it?

      Theresa

      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 11 2:32 PM
        Didn't Erlan do Vittoria's "O Magnum Mysterium" at the Pennsic before last? Not that we can't do it again, but it has been done pretty recently...

        Arianna

        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 11 4:01 PM

          It was Arianna Morgan the year before that.

          Jane

          Karen Kasper wrote:

          Didn't Erlan do Vittoria's "O Magnum Mysterium" at the Pennsic before last? Not that we can't do it again, but it has been done pretty recently...

          Arianna

          O Magnum, beautiful, haunting and gorgeous--can we sing that please?
          Myfanwy

        • Isabel1443
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 11 10:31 PM
            Yes, we did O Magnum Mysterium 2 Pennsics ago.
            Sends a chill down my spine.

            Lady Isabel Henry
            Vert, a mortar and pestle Or and on a
            chief argent four lozenges purpure

            Didn't Erlan do Vittoria's "O Magnum Mysterium" at the Pennsic before last? Not that we can't do it again, but it has been done pretty recently...

            Arianna

            O Magnum, beautiful, haunting and gorgeous--can we sing that please?
            Myfanwy
            Asperges Me Domine is apt for the Easter season and if its 90 degrees in the shade could be a call for a cooling mist. A man for all seasons.

            > Just a thought: Palestrina, Orlando de Lasso. Tomas Luis de Valara. Thomas Morley,

            Hmmm. Just did "Fire, Fire" in a concert with the University of Illinois at Springfield Chorus last night.

            I don't suppose that's the one you're considering? I already know the Bass line. ;-)

            Devin

            "The mass of Men lead lives of quiet desperation because some fool poet has borrowed their tools." R. Underhill (para.)

          • Erlandr Nordenskald
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 12 5:27 AM
              I think that because Arianna Morgan did O Magnum 3 years ago, I did O Quam Glorioso for the "christmas in august" program 2 years ago... but honestly I can't remember.
              It makes me happy to see so much chatter about music on the list... and getting ready for this year's Choir Concert.
              YAY...

              I will be there.. and rumor has it that I may jump in and do one selection... no formal plans have been made as of yet.

              Erlan
            • chrissings@juno.com
              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 12 7:27 AM

                Erlandr:

                You also did O Magnum the year after I did!

                Arianna M.

                I think that because Arianna Morgan did O Magnum 3 years ago, I did O Quam Glorioso for the "christmas in august" program 2 years ago... but honestly I can't remember.
                It makes me happy to see so much chatter about music on the list... and getting ready for this year's Choir Concert.
                YAY...

                I will be there.. and rumor has it that I may jump in and do one selection... no formal plans have been made as of yet.

                Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
                AwesomePennyStocks.com
              • smurffirst
                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 12 6:01 PM
                  We did do O Magnum three years ago and it is a beautiful piece of music. I still have the music. If you choose to reprise it I will have no objection as I already know it. Yet it might be good to consider expanding our horizons.

                  Murchadha

                  --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "chrissings@..." <Chrissings@...> wrote:

                  > Erlandr:
                  > You also did O Magnum the year after I did!
                  > Arianna M.

                • Janet Ryan
                  Message 8 of 16 , Apr 13 3:24 PM
                    Hey, we could do the MISSA O Magnum Mysterium! lol

                    Really, though, we should hope he gives us at least one thing we didn't already know.
                    Alison