Re: [KWChoir] Re: Pennsic Choir - Pennsic 39

  • Jane Murphy
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 10, 2010

      <Hmmm. Just did "Fire, Fire" in a concert with the University of Illinois at Springfield Chorus last night.

      I don't suppose that's the one you're considering? I already know the Bass line. ;-)

      I just learned "Fire, Fire" for a local chorus and suspect this piece may be dropped from the too-lengthy program before we can perform it. I would be glad if it were chosen for Pennsic.

      Jane
    • John Phipps
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 10, 2010
        Do you mean Tomas Luis de Victoria? Can't go wrong with O Magnam Mysterium and there is already a website with the midi files and music http://www.uma.es/victoria/partituras.html

        Asperges Me Domine is apt for the Easter season and if its 90 degrees in the shade could be a call for a cooling mist. A man for all seasons.

        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 10, 2010
          Our madrigal choir did Fire Fire one year ( I was with them for three years).  It's a GREAT song!  Loved it!  I'd definitely recommend it as it is fun to perform and at least equally fun to listen to.

          Dizzy

          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 11, 2010
            O Magnum, beautiful, haunting and gorgeous--can we sing that please?
            Myfanwy

          • annoney@aol.com
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 11, 2010
              I am not familiar with Fire Fire.  Who wrote it?

              Theresa

              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 11, 2010

                Thomas Morley.

                Jane

                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 11, 2010
                  Didn't Erlan do Vittoria's "O Magnum Mysterium" at the Pennsic before last? Not that we can't do it again, but it has been done pretty recently...

                  Arianna

                  Message 8 of 16 , Apr 11, 2010

                    It was Arianna Morgan the year before that.

                    Jane

                    Karen Kasper wrote:

                    Didn't Erlan do Vittoria's "O Magnum Mysterium" at the Pennsic before last? Not that we can't do it again, but it has been done pretty recently...

                    Arianna

                    O Magnum, beautiful, haunting and gorgeous--can we sing that please?
                    Myfanwy

                  • Isabel1443
                    Message 9 of 16 , Apr 11, 2010
                      Yes, we did O Magnum Mysterium 2 Pennsics ago.
                      Sends a chill down my spine.

                      Lady Isabel Henry
                      Vert, a mortar and pestle Or and on a
                      chief argent four lozenges purpure

                      Didn't Erlan do Vittoria's "O Magnum Mysterium" at the Pennsic before last? Not that we can't do it again, but it has been done pretty recently...

                      Arianna

                      O Magnum, beautiful, haunting and gorgeous--can we sing that please?
                      Myfanwy
                      Asperges Me Domine is apt for the Easter season and if its 90 degrees in the shade could be a call for a cooling mist. A man for all seasons.

                      > Just a thought: Palestrina, Orlando de Lasso. Tomas Luis de Valara. Thomas Morley,

                      Hmmm. Just did "Fire, Fire" in a concert with the University of Illinois at Springfield Chorus last night.

                      I don't suppose that's the one you're considering? I already know the Bass line. ;-)

                      Devin

                      "The mass of Men lead lives of quiet desperation because some fool poet has borrowed their tools." R. Underhill (para.)

                    • Erlandr Nordenskald
                      Message 10 of 16 , Apr 12, 2010
                        I think that because Arianna Morgan did O Magnum 3 years ago, I did O Quam Glorioso for the "christmas in august" program 2 years ago... but honestly I can't remember.
                        It makes me happy to see so much chatter about music on the list... and getting ready for this year's Choir Concert.
                        YAY...

                        I will be there.. and rumor has it that I may jump in and do one selection... no formal plans have been made as of yet.

                        Erlan
                      • chrissings@juno.com
                        Message 11 of 16 , Apr 12, 2010

                          Erlandr:

                          You also did O Magnum the year after I did!

                          Arianna M.

                          I think that because Arianna Morgan did O Magnum 3 years ago, I did O Quam Glorioso for the "christmas in august" program 2 years ago... but honestly I can't remember.
                          It makes me happy to see so much chatter about music on the list... and getting ready for this year's Choir Concert.
                          YAY...

                          I will be there.. and rumor has it that I may jump in and do one selection... no formal plans have been made as of yet.

                          Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
                          AwesomePennyStocks.com
                        • smurffirst
                          Message 12 of 16 , Apr 12, 2010
                            We did do O Magnum three years ago and it is a beautiful piece of music. I still have the music. If you choose to reprise it I will have no objection as I already know it. Yet it might be good to consider expanding our horizons.

                            Murchadha

                            --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "chrissings@..." <Chrissings@...> wrote:

                            > Erlandr:
                            > You also did O Magnum the year after I did!
                            > Arianna M.

                          • Janet Ryan
                            Message 13 of 16 , Apr 13, 2010
                              Hey, we could do the MISSA O Magnum Mysterium! lol

                              Really, though, we should hope he gives us at least one thing we didn't already know.
                              Alison