Re: [KWChoir] Re: Pennsic Choir - Pennsic 39

  • barondevin@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 10 9:55 AM
      > Just a thought: Palestrina, Orlando de Lasso. Tomas Luis de Valara. Thomas Morley,

      Hmmm. Just did "Fire, Fire" in a concert with the University of Illinois at Springfield Chorus last night.

      I don't suppose that's the one you're considering? I already know the Bass line. ;-)

      Devin

      "The mass of Men lead lives of quiet desperation because some fool poet has borrowed their tools." R. Underhill (para.)
    • Jane Murphy
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 10 1:27 PM

        <Hmmm. Just did "Fire, Fire" in a concert with the University of Illinois at Springfield Chorus last night.

        I don't suppose that's the one you're considering? I already know the Bass line. ;-)

        I just learned "Fire, Fire" for a local chorus and suspect this piece may be dropped from the too-lengthy program before we can perform it. I would be glad if it were chosen for Pennsic.

        Jane
      • John Phipps
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 10 3:10 PM
          Do you mean Tomas Luis de Victoria? Can't go wrong with O Magnam Mysterium and there is already a website with the midi files and music http://www.uma.es/victoria/partituras.html

          Asperges Me Domine is apt for the Easter season and if its 90 degrees in the shade could be a call for a cooling mist. A man for all seasons.

          > Just a thought: Palestrina, Orlando de Lasso. Tomas Luis de Valara. Thomas Morley,

          Hmmm. Just did "Fire, Fire" in a concert with the University of Illinois at Springfield Chorus last night.

          I don't suppose that's the one you're considering? I already know the Bass line. ;-)

          Devin

          "The mass of Men lead lives of quiet desperation because some fool poet has borrowed their tools." R. Underhill (para.)

        • Jazzerat Jazzerat
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 10 5:22 PM
            Our madrigal choir did Fire Fire one year ( I was with them for three years).  It's a GREAT song!  Loved it!  I'd definitely recommend it as it is fun to perform and at least equally fun to listen to.

            Dizzy

            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 11 10:38 AM
              O Magnum, beautiful, haunting and gorgeous--can we sing that please?
              Myfanwy

            • annoney@aol.com
              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 11 1:25 PM
                I am not familiar with Fire Fire.  Who wrote it?

                Theresa

                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 11 1:51 PM

                  Thomas Morley.

                  Jane

                  Message 8 of 16 , Apr 11 2:32 PM
                    Didn't Erlan do Vittoria's "O Magnum Mysterium" at the Pennsic before last? Not that we can't do it again, but it has been done pretty recently...

                    Arianna

                    Message 9 of 16 , Apr 11 4:01 PM

                      It was Arianna Morgan the year before that.

                      Jane

                      Karen Kasper wrote:

                      Didn't Erlan do Vittoria's "O Magnum Mysterium" at the Pennsic before last? Not that we can't do it again, but it has been done pretty recently...

                      Arianna

                      O Magnum, beautiful, haunting and gorgeous--can we sing that please?
                      Myfanwy

                    • Isabel1443
                      Message 10 of 16 , Apr 11 10:31 PM
                        Yes, we did O Magnum Mysterium 2 Pennsics ago.
                        Sends a chill down my spine.

                        Lady Isabel Henry
                        Vert, a mortar and pestle Or and on a
                        chief argent four lozenges purpure

                        Didn't Erlan do Vittoria's "O Magnum Mysterium" at the Pennsic before last? Not that we can't do it again, but it has been done pretty recently...

                        Arianna

                        O Magnum, beautiful, haunting and gorgeous--can we sing that please?
                        Myfanwy
                        Asperges Me Domine is apt for the Easter season and if its 90 degrees in the shade could be a call for a cooling mist. A man for all seasons.

                        > Just a thought: Palestrina, Orlando de Lasso. Tomas Luis de Valara. Thomas Morley,

                        Hmmm. Just did "Fire, Fire" in a concert with the University of Illinois at Springfield Chorus last night.

                        I don't suppose that's the one you're considering? I already know the Bass line. ;-)

                        Devin

                        "The mass of Men lead lives of quiet desperation because some fool poet has borrowed their tools." R. Underhill (para.)

                      • Erlandr Nordenskald
                        Message 11 of 16 , Apr 12 5:27 AM
                          I think that because Arianna Morgan did O Magnum 3 years ago, I did O Quam Glorioso for the "christmas in august" program 2 years ago... but honestly I can't remember.
                          It makes me happy to see so much chatter about music on the list... and getting ready for this year's Choir Concert.
                          YAY...

                          I will be there.. and rumor has it that I may jump in and do one selection... no formal plans have been made as of yet.

                          Erlan
                        • chrissings@juno.com
                          Message 12 of 16 , Apr 12 7:27 AM

                            Erlandr:

                            You also did O Magnum the year after I did!

                            Arianna M.

                            I think that because Arianna Morgan did O Magnum 3 years ago, I did O Quam Glorioso for the "christmas in august" program 2 years ago... but honestly I can't remember.
                            It makes me happy to see so much chatter about music on the list... and getting ready for this year's Choir Concert.
                            YAY...

                            I will be there.. and rumor has it that I may jump in and do one selection... no formal plans have been made as of yet.

                            Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
                            AwesomePennyStocks.com
                          • smurffirst
                            Message 13 of 16 , Apr 12 6:01 PM
                              We did do O Magnum three years ago and it is a beautiful piece of music. I still have the music. If you choose to reprise it I will have no objection as I already know it. Yet it might be good to consider expanding our horizons.

                              Murchadha

                              --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "chrissings@..." <Chrissings@...> wrote:

                              > Erlandr:
                              > You also did O Magnum the year after I did!
                              > Arianna M.

                            • Janet Ryan
                              Message 14 of 16 , Apr 13 3:24 PM
                                Hey, we could do the MISSA O Magnum Mysterium! lol

                                Really, though, we should hope he gives us at least one thing we didn't already know.
                                Alison