  • Anne of Carthew
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2004

      A good evening to you all.

      I want to thank all of you who participated in the Pennsic choir this year.  What a wonderful sound you created!   I realize you who sing are not in a position to really get the full effect of the power of 65 voices, but the audience and I had quite a treat.

      You all did great.   I know for some of you, this was old familiar stuff, or “easy.”  Others of you were stretching your knowledge significantly.  But all your capabilities melded.  What an accomplishment.   I am very proud of our joint success, and perhaps even a little stunned by the wonderful comments some of you have made to me.  Thank you.

      Alas, our videographer, Baron Marcellus of Ponte Alto, had a battery running low during the concert.  He did NOT have enough battery to get much of us.  So he saved the battery to the end and capture the end of the Alleluia.  As it turns out, he had a hair more battery left, and he was able to get all the "thank yous" at the end of the concert too.  The thank yous (especially Princess Rachel's) were cool - but the music is BETTER!

      The battery issue was probably “just as well” because of the size of the resulting files.  HUGE.  I'm posting the music one on the web page:  http://www.ravenstreet.org/kwchoir.htm   BUT BE WARNED !!! This file is 54 meg.  Before you download it, make sure you have room for it, and I suggest that if you DON’T have high speed internet access, just don’t bother.  I tried zipping it, but the change was negligible, so I chose not to complicate this further.  If you have any other problems with the files, I really am NOT the person to ask, so you’re on your own.

      If anyone else got the performance recorded, PLEASE let me know.  I could have sworn I saw someone else back there with a video camera.

      I’m also planning to review the tapes I made during practices, to see if anything is worth also posting as a wav on the web page.  So, more may yet follow.

      Again, thanks for your hard work, attention, and GREAT performance.

      With affection,