Re: Gulf Wars

  • maria daggett
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 13, 2010
      Erlan here... checking in.  I know I've been a bit quite of late, I'm getting back into things bit by bit.

      Go for it.  I had a choir at Gulf Wars one year.... it was awesome... I've been DYING to get the choral vocal thing happening again down there.  I'd love for someone to just grab the bull by the horns... organize it... and advertise it as a Known World Choir Sing a long.... or what ever...

      Keep me posted.

      Please e mail me off this list if you have any specific questions or concerns or what ever...

      I'm here for you all, really, I'm just..... dealing with crap.... as you know and I'm not doing all that great....

      I miss you!!

      Erlan

        Message 2 of 6 , Oct 12, 2010
          Is anyone planning to attend Gulf Wars this coming March? If so, do we want to get a group together to sing?

          Theresa
        • Christopher Mortika
          Message 3 of 6 , Oct 13, 2010
            Theresa was kind enough to ask:

            "Is anyone planning to attend Gulf Wars this coming March?  If so, do we want to get a group together to sing?"

            Good day, and well met.  My name is Christian d'Hiver, and last year I had some success with a "noontime singing" project, in which people showed up on such days as they could, and we read through rounds, madrigals and part-songs, mainly three- or four-part pieces.  On a couple of days, we had built up a nice short program, which we then took "on the road" to the food court.  But the performance wasn't the important part; just learning and singing were enough to mark each day as a 'success'.

            I was planning on holding something similar this coming year.  If the program for the Pennsic concert were set that far in advance, I'd be happy to include that repertoire in the "noontime singing" music.

            If someone else wanted to coordinate a choir, per se, with a scheduled performance and sectional rehearsals, pre-distributed repertoire and the like, I'd be happy to support that project and help make it happen.  Under those circumstances, I would not want to also run a separate "noontime singing", because I don't think Gulf Wars is large enough to support both efforts; the casual singing would draw people away from the more formal choir.

            In joy and service,
            Christian d'Hiver, OL
            music guy, Calontir

          • Diane K. Hauer
            Message 4 of 6 , Oct 13, 2010
              I am planning on attending.

              Svanhildr

              Message 5 of 6 , Nov 15, 2010
                --- Last month, I wrote:

                > Theresa was kind enough to ask:
                >
                > "Is anyone planning to attend Gulf Wars this coming March?
                > If so, do we want to get a group together to sing?"
                >
                > Good day, and well met. My name is Christian d'Hiver,
                > and last year I had some success with a "noontime singing"
                > project... I was planning on holding it again in 2011.
                >
                > If someone else wanted to coordinate a choir, per se,
                > with a scheduled performance and sectional rehearsals,
                > pre-distributed repertoire and the like, I'd be happy
                > to support that project and help make it happen. Under
                > those circumstances, I would not want to also run a
                > separate "noontime singing", because I don't think Gulf
                > Wars is large enough to support both efforts; the casual
                > singing would draw people away from the more formal
                > choir.

                Time marches on; if you are considering the possibility of coordinating or directing a KWC performance at Gulf Wars, may this message spur you to commit to that project. Again, I would be happy to assist in any way as you would have me.

                If no-one is interested, I would then move ahead with my plans to repeat "noontime singing".

                --In joy and service,
                Christian d'Hiver, OL
                music guy, Calontir