Re: [KWChoir] Re: KWC and Chartres Cathedral - video!!!!

  • Ysolt la Bretonne
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 21, 2009
      What is the lovely piece? Sanctus(?) by whom? Very nicely done. Keep the
      pieces coming. It is wonderful. I began singing with the choir the
      following year and off and on since. It is amazing what we manage to do
      in such a short time at war.

      Ysolt

      --
      MaƮtresse Ysolt la Bretonne, OP
      Barony of Windmasters' Hill
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 21, 2009
        Hello - here is the repertoire from that year (again, thanks to Sir Arloff for publishing it in his Architectural Guild News!)

        Alleluia (chant from the Kyriale)
        Sit Gloria Domini (organum, Musica enchiriadis, c. 850)
        Sanctus (Anton Brumel, Missa et ecce Terrae Motus)
        Santus/Benedictus (Orlandus Lassus, Missa super Bella Amfitrit'altera)
        Qui Habitat (Josquin Des Prez)
        Santus (Giovanni da Palestrina, Messe Ut Re Mi Fa Sol)

        The video clip is the Palestrina. More soon,

        Josselyne

        --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Ysolt la Bretonne <ysolt@...> wrote:

        > What is the lovely piece? Sanctus(?) by whom? Very nicely done. Keep the
        > pieces coming. It is wonderful. I began singing with the choir the
        > following year and off and on since. It is amazing what we manage to do
        > in such a short time at war.
        >
        > Ysolt
        >
        > --
        > MaƮtresse Ysolt la Bretonne, OP
        > Barony of Windmasters' Hill

      • Susan Kell
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 21, 2009
          Known World Choir
          Thanks so much for sharing that, Josselyne!
          I had heard about the Chartres project, but did not get a chance to see it "live" due to other obligations. I look forward to seeing/hearing more pieces of the concert -- especially if any of them pan around the "cathedral"!
          -- Ygraine