Fw: [KWChoir] Digest Number 537

  • Terri Spencer
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2009
      Arianna, many thanks for your recommendations.

      I had already picked Veni Veni Emmanuel and Personet Hodie, with Nova Nova and In Dulci Jubilo possibilities that I would have to transpose. I love the idea of parallel fourths on Personet Hodie, and that would work well for the recorders.

      I'm glad you mentioned Gaudete, I missed it because I'd pulled it out of my Christmas book for a previous project. I hunted it up and it is perfect. I have Coventry Carol too, and yeah, 3 of the 4 parts are in the right ranges.

      I've also got Es Ist Ein' Ros', Pat-a-Pan and by request Ding Dong Merrily on High (Official Bransle/Toss the Duchess) and What Child is This (Greensleeves). Yes, all us choristers groan (not again!) at Greensleeves, but it is new to this novice band and ya gotta keep the fans happy.

      Tara