Pictures from this year

  • antoniedvorak
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4, 2009
      Just wondering if anyone is posting some pictures of our choir from this year's Pennsic. (I cannot see any from this year in the Photos section on our Yahoo group website.)
      Thank you very much,
      Antonie
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4, 2009
        I wish I had photos! In all the excitement that day I forgot to hand my camera off to a friend. If anyone does have photos, please post them on the Yahoo Group site under Photos!

        The good news is that Master Li Kung Lo and his lady, Mistress Ygraine of Kellswood, have the CDs of the concert almost ready for purchase. I hope to be able to announce their availability in the next week or two. I've listened to the recordings myself and they are really nice. Master Li and Mistress Ygraine are putting a lot of work into this project, and I really appreciate their help.

        Keep on singing, everyone! Hmm, for those of you in choirs, either SCA or mundane, that do period music, how about telling us what pieces you're doing right now that you love or find challenging? My barony choir is currently cursing me a bit for foisting a 14th c. piece from the Historical Anthology of Music called "Nel Mezzo" on them. It's a two-part with a complex top line that has lots of triplets and that typical medieval sound of open fourths and fifths, so it's a serious challenge. To make it up to them, I also introduced "Pase al Agoa" which the KWC did at Pennsic 35. It's easy and fun. :-)

        Arianna

        --- On Fri, 9/4/09, antoniedvorak <advorak@...> wrote:

        Just wondering if anyone is posting some pictures of our choir from this year's Pennsic. (I cannot see any from this year in the Photos section on our Yahoo group website.)
        Thank you very much,
        Antonie
        .
        _,_._,___

      • cameron mcfarren
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 5, 2009
          karen, arianna,
          i missed last monday as i was too late getting back from an appointment. plaes extend my regrest for missing him a week ago monday.
          please ask, oops i forgot his name to call on me this monday as i will be ready & able to attend choir practice.
          cameron

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 7, 2009
            That would be Alaric (mundanely Robert Smith). I don't know if he'll be at practice tonight - he and his wife went to Nebraska for the Known World Heralds and Scribes event this weekend. I'll see if I can get ahold of him. For future reference, if you're not going to be available on a Monday, you might want to call him at 412-251-2626.