Re: almost pennsic...and discography

  • the_real_damont
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 5, 2004
      Respondit Elfrida ad Anne:
      >> the recording by Voices of Ascension,
      >> "Beyond Chant - Mysteries of the Renaissance." And this
      >> also happens to be one of my most favorite CDs ever.
      >
      > Yea, verily!... If any of our fellow Christmas-concert-at-Pennsic veterans are
      on the list, you'll find my pet Sweelinck "Hodie" on that CD as well.

      And one of my all-time favorites as well, da Viadana's "Exultate Justi" which I
      first sang in the District High School Chorus Festival twentymumble years
      ago.

      Evan
    • draculachanter
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 12, 2004

        > By the way if ANYONE remembers Jocelyn, the person who began the
        > Choir at Pennsic, I would like to find her........if anyone knows
        > her.......I"d appreciate the contact.
        >
        > Erlan

        Hey, me too!!

        One of my most amazing Pennsic experiences ever was the concert we
        did in which the barn was converted into Chartres Cathedral by the
        architecture guild...we did that 24-part canon, remember? I'll never
        forget it, because I was on the first part (and loved every minute of
        it). (I still have the sheet music...what an amazing work!)

        There was a lovely blonde lady from Settmour Swamp whose husband
        taped the whole thing, and said she'd make a copy for me, and damned
        if I didn't lose touch with her. Anyone think they can help with
        that?

        Heloise, trotting down memory lane
      • Julia Kathan
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 13, 2004
          I will get information from Jocelyn's brother once I get to Pennsic.  I will make sure to get you an address and any other contact information he has.
          Duchess Myfanwy

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 13, 2004
            Okay, this sounds stupid, but now that I am packing and leaving I realize I don't know when or where the rehearsals are and I don't remember how to get into the Yahoo thingy.  Can someone just give me a quick summary of rehearsals from Saturday thru Thursday?
            Myfanwy