Re: almost pennsic..

  • erlannordenskald
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 3, 2004
      I can probably rip a few tunes off the CD's and put them up here if
      anyone is interested......I'm pretty sure that the server space on
      yahoo will hold some music files .........

      Elfrida.........has it actually been 20 years already?? Oh MY how
      time flies!!!!

      For those of you who DON"T know her....and wack on you if you
      don't.....Elfrida is MY predecessor.........."sure erlan, take the
      choir for a year, I"ll be back.......ok, well, maybe another
      year......" was that 8 years ago now???

      I wish you were going to be at war. I MISS YOU!!

      By the way if ANYONE remembers Jocelyn, the person who began the
      Choir at Pennsic, I would like to find her........if anyone knows
      her.......I"d appreciate the contact.

      Erlan

      --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Grace" <carlogesualdo@e...>
      wrote:
      > Scripsit Anne:
      > >the recording by Voices of
      > >Ascension, "Beyond Chant - Mysteries of the Renaissance." And
      this also
      > >happens to be one of my most favorite CDs ever.
      >
      > Yea, verily! You will recognize this one at a distance by the
      hideous pink cover. Don't let that put you off. A better "best hits
      of the renaissance" recording cannot be easily found. If any of our
      fellow Christmas-concert-at-Pennsic veterans are on the list, you'll
      find my pet Sweelinck "Hodie" on that CD as well.

      > Oh, and off-topic as heck, but I met my wonderful husband at
      Pennsic twenty years ago-- Pennsic XIII-- so I hope everyone has a
      great War this year!

      > Humming a few bars,
      > Elfrida
    • Anne
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 3, 2004
        Um...lets not, please. Copyright, and all that.

        wrote:
        > Scripsit Anne:
        > >the recording by Voices of
        > >Ascension, "Beyond Chant - Mysteries of the Renaissance." And
        this also
        > >happens to be one of my most favorite CDs ever.
        >
        > Yea, verily! You will recognize this one at a distance by the
        hideous pink cover. Don't let that put you off. A better "best hits
        of the renaissance" recording cannot be easily found. If any of our
        fellow Christmas-concert-at-Pennsic veterans are on the list, you'll
        find my pet Sweelinck "Hodie" on that CD as well.

        > Oh, and off-topic as heck, but I met my wonderful husband at
        Pennsic twenty years ago-- Pennsic XIII-- so I hope everyone has a
        great War this year!

        > Humming a few bars,
        > Elfrida

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • the_real_damont
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 5, 2004
          Respondit Elfrida ad Anne:
          >> the recording by Voices of Ascension,
          >> "Beyond Chant - Mysteries of the Renaissance." And this
          >> also happens to be one of my most favorite CDs ever.
          >
          > Yea, verily!... If any of our fellow Christmas-concert-at-Pennsic veterans are
          on the list, you'll find my pet Sweelinck "Hodie" on that CD as well.

          And one of my all-time favorites as well, da Viadana's "Exultate Justi" which I
          first sang in the District High School Chorus Festival twentymumble years
          ago.

          Evan
        • draculachanter
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 12, 2004

            > By the way if ANYONE remembers Jocelyn, the person who began the
            > Choir at Pennsic, I would like to find her........if anyone knows
            > her.......I"d appreciate the contact.
            >
            > Erlan

            Hey, me too!!

            One of my most amazing Pennsic experiences ever was the concert we
            did in which the barn was converted into Chartres Cathedral by the
            architecture guild...we did that 24-part canon, remember? I'll never
            forget it, because I was on the first part (and loved every minute of
            it). (I still have the sheet music...what an amazing work!)

            There was a lovely blonde lady from Settmour Swamp whose husband
            taped the whole thing, and said she'd make a copy for me, and damned
            if I didn't lose touch with her. Anyone think they can help with
            that?

            Heloise, trotting down memory lane
          • Julia Kathan
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 13, 2004
              I will get information from Jocelyn's brother once I get to Pennsic.  I will make sure to get you an address and any other contact information he has.
              Duchess Myfanwy

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 13, 2004
                Okay, this sounds stupid, but now that I am packing and leaving I realize I don't know when or where the rehearsals are and I don't remember how to get into the Yahoo thingy.  Can someone just give me a quick summary of rehearsals from Saturday thru Thursday?
                Myfanwy