Re: [KWChoir] Sad News

  • Elizabeth Dowling
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 9, 2009
      My prayers go to Scott (Zach), may he rest in peace. And also to Maria
      (Erlan), and all their House.
      Elizabeth

      arhylda wrote:

      > This appeared on the East Kingdom list this morning. My prayers are
      > with Erlan and all of her family.
      >
      > Maria A.S.
      >
      > ----- Forwarded message from Ms Maggie Allen <maggieany1@...
      > <mailto:maggieany1%40yahoo.com>> -----
      >
      > It is with great sadness that I bear the news that Lord Zach of House
      > deLondres / Scott Eskinazi, beloved husband of Erlan Nordenskald
      > Chancellor of the University lost his respiratory battle and left us
      > around 6 pm this evening.
      >
      > We are gathering pictures of him for Erlan - please forward any
      > pictures you may have to sionnainr@...
      > <mailto:sionnainr%40yahoo.com>
      >
      > (please forward this message to any appropriate lists.)
      > Despotissa Margarita Kofinopoia/Maggie Allen

    • Michael R. Murphy
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 10, 2009
        Firstly, I wish to apologize for referring to you as Arianna of Huffington. I have been justly and fairly chastened. In my own defence, I am out of Eriu (Ireland to you folks) and I never know what the damn Susnach is about.

        As to the loss of Erlan's lord, do you feel it would be appropriate to dedicate the concert to his memory? Just a thought.

        Murchadha

        To: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com
        From: arianna_wyn@...
        Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 08:00:30 -0700
        Subject: Re: [KWChoir] Sad News

        I am deeply saddened to hear of Lady Erlan's loss. My thoughts are with her, her household and her family.

        As has already been mentioned, Erlan was last year's Pennsic Choir director, but more than that, she has been the guiding light behind the Pennsic Choir and the Known World Choirs for well over a decade.

        Maria, please let us know if there will be any organized donations in Lady Erlan's husband's name. I would be happy to contribute.

        Arianna of Wynthrope

        ----- Forwarded message from Ms Maggie Allen <maggieany1@yahoo. com> -----

        pictures you may have to sionnainr@yahoo. com

        (please forward this message to any appropriate lists.)
        Despotissa Margarita Kofinopoia/Maggie Allen

        Bing™ brings you health information from trusted sources. Try it now.
      • June Whalen
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 10, 2009
          Dau Duit a Michael Murphy

          Will you mayhap be in this years Choir at Pennsic?

          Erlan was planning on attending Pennsic - but that was before her world changed so very radically and suddenly.

          Given her involvement in the Choir - it might be  a nice gesture - or add a piece for that specific reason.

          Mairghreicc

          To: KWChoir@yahoogroups .com

          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 10, 2009

            Dia dhuit

            Given the appreciation for Gregorian chant I thought I would risk censure by letting people know that the Church Music Association of America is having a Fall Pilgrimage to the Basilica of the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington DC September 25-26. It will be a chance to sing and practice chant. Most of the events will be up Harewood Road from the Shrine at the JPII Institute but there will be a Mass in the Extraordinary Form or as it is better known, the Tridentine Mass, at the end of the second day. Scott Turkington is teaching. He was a student of Dr Ted Maurier who taught at Catholic U and as I remember was involved with choirs including those singing with the Boston Symphony, as well as working with the monastery at Solemnse. He was a wonderful teacher and happy man who dedicated his life to chant. Scott is pretty chipper himself come to that.

            For info

            You don't have to be a Catholic or even religious to attend. We are trying to keep alive the traditions and continuity with our medieval and renaissance ancestors.

            Sla'n
            John Phipps

          • erlannordenskald
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 11, 2009
              Hi everyone. Thank you for the wonderful messages.
              I would expect nothing less than music to continue!! Learn, ask questions and prepare to sing a wonderful concert.
              I will not be at Pennsic this year. I just can't. It's too much for me to do this year.
              http://www.nyjnews.com/obits/Obit1.php?pid=2787296

              This is the obituary if you'd like to read it. I wrote it.
              A few choir members who live locally will be singing "Tau Pauperum Refugium" by Josquin. at the Celebration of life on monday morning.

              The obit has information on where the Funeral home is, times and what are zach's charities.

              Thank you my friends.

              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 11, 2009
                Thanks for the suggestion, Murchadha.

                Unfortunately, we don't have time to add any new pieces to the concert list and learn them between now and Pennsic, but I appreciate the thought, Mairghreicc..

                I have some ideas about ways in which the Pennsic Choir can, as a group, show Lady Erlan our love and support in this sad time, but rather than discuss them on the list, I'd like to talk with the Pennsic Choir at the War so we can decide in person what people would like to do. Anyone who would like to join in the discussions but who isn't singing with the choir this year, please feel free to stop in at our rehearsal on Sunday, August 2nd at 3:00. We can talk about it then.

                Arianna

              • maria daggett
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 19, 2009

                  In short - GOOD LUCK

                  This will be the first year EVER that I will NOT be present at the Pennsic CHoir.

                  It is KILLING ME

                  But .... I have some thing else I need to do here in my mundane world that keeps me from war.

                  I have been going to Pennsic since 12.

                  If I wasn't singing in the choir, I was directing or being co-ordinator.

                  I expect someone to get some video clips, or something so that I can "see it" from home.

                  I had to go through some folders to find some paperwork yesterday and I came accross a stack of christmas cards from Zach to me. One of them was from 2004. There were reindeer on the cover holding caroling folders. On each folder he had written in red pan
                  KWC
                  On the little flag that was next to the choir of reindeer he had written "KWC World Tour"
                  and on the back of the reindeer director he had written "Erlan"

                  My husband knew how important this Choir is to me and how I have spent time, money, hours of preparation and everything... to keep it going.

                  It hurts me not to even be there to listen to the result this year.

                  Please, enjoy yourselves, ATTEND REHEARSALS!! and give Mistress Arianna your very BEST. The director works very hard in preparation to give you something wonderful and you are very very lucky to have this opportunity.

                  Safe travels to war and know that I will be here in my home, thinking of you and wishing that I could be there (with my husband).

                  Thank you for the flowers, the cards and the e mails.

                  I will get a chance to respond personally to everyone, I just haven't yet.....but I will.

                  The flowers are here with me, at my parent's house where I am staying. The basket is beautiful by the way!!!!!!

                  In service

                  Erlan Nordenskald  - KWC forever.

                • melissa mazur
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 19, 2009

                    My Dearest Erlan,

                    My name is Denw verch rhys and I camp with Clan McWillis. IN years past I have sung in the KWC under your direction and I am truly saddened by your loss. I too will not attend Pennsic this year and will miss the singing. My sincere sympathy to you and your family and hopefully we will both attend next year. You are in my prayers.

                    Yours in music,

                    Denw

                    To: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com
                    From: erlannordenskald@...
                    Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 06:42:09 -0700
                    Subject: [KWChoir] Re:erlan

[...]

                    Windows Live™ SkyDrive™: Store, access, and share your photos. See how.
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 19, 2009
                      We will all be thinking of you at Pennsic, Erlan, and knowing that your heart is with us as our hearts are with you.

                      I have arranged for a friend to videotape this year's concert for us. If someone has access to more professional audio and is willing to record the concert for listening purposes, that would be wonderful, but at the least we will have a video camera running.