Re: [KWChoir] was need guidance now mp3 to Itunes
- Gwendolyn,Thank you, thank you, thank you! !!!!! You are a true wizard of high degree. If any of you are at the same technological level as I am, on a Microsoft computer use "Save target as.." from the drop down list instead of "Save link as.." Thanks again,Janine
--- On Sat, 7/4/09, Jennifer Kobayashi <jhkob@...> wrote:
From: Jennifer Kobayashi <jhkob@...>
Subject: Re: [KWChoir] was need guidance now mp3 to Itunes
Date: Saturday, July 4, 2009, 3:19 PM
To get the mp3 files to Itunes:
Go to the files section of the KWChoir yahoogroup.
http://launch. groups.yahoo. com/group/ KWChoir/files/
Click on the Pennsic Music 2009
http://launch. groups.yahoo. com/group/ KWChoir/files/ Pennsic%20Music% 202009/
Click on MP3s
http://launch. groups.yahoo. com/group/ KWChoir/files/ Pennsic%20Music% 202009/MP3s/
Now you will download the mp3 file to your own computer and I believe it depends what platform you are using:
I use an Apple with Firefox as a browser.
1. I left click on the song title (highlighted link to the mp3)
2. When the menu appears, I choose "Save Link As..."
3. When the save dialog window pops up, I choose a place and name that will be easy to find after it has finished downloading (usually my desktop).
4. I bring up Itunes.
5. I drag the mp3 file icon from wherever I put it when I downloaded (for instance, my desktop) to the Itunes library.
Voila - file in Itunes.
I think that if you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer, you follow these steps:
1. Right mouse click on song title (highlighted link to mp3)
2. When the menu appears, choose: 'Save Target As...'
3. When the save dialog window pops up, choose a place that will be easy to find the file after it has finished downloading, e.g. - Desktop, My Documents, Etc.
4. Bring up Itunes.
5. Drag the mp3 file icon from wherever you put it when you downloaded to the Itunes library.
If you are using Firefox or Netscape, I believe the steps are similar except 'Save Target As...' is called 'Save Link to Disk' or 'Download Target', etc.
I'm not an expert on different platforms, so please excuse any errors. I hope this gives you the general gist of how to download, but if someone else has a clearer or more correct explanation, please feel free.