Spoken words for last two foreign-language pieces done and posted

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 22 8:55 PM
      Greetings!

      Tonight I managed to chase down two friends and convince them to read the words for the Spanish and German pieces into my laptop, so along with the Latin and French, they are now posted on the Yahoo Group site in the Spoken Words folder, which is located here: http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/KWChoir/files/Pennsic%20Music%202009/Spoken%20words%20/.

      Hopefully this will help everyone arrive at Pennsic pronouncing the German, Latin, French and Spanish correctly. We will, of course, go over the pronunciation at Pennsic too. :-)

      Arianna

    • Constance Swanson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2009
        Great!  Now for one more question:  How do you foresee dividing the voices on Hence Stars?  SSATB? Soprano, 1st Alto, 2nd alto/female tenor,male Tenor, Bass? We'll know when you see what you have?  As a female tenor, I have been going over both possible parts.
        Svea

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2009
          Hi Svea,

          Good question!

          Hence Stars will be SSATB. That's why I have two soprano parts for people to select. So First sopranos, please learn the Cantus part, and Second sopranos, please learn the Quintus part. Everyone else should learn their appropriate line - Altus, Tenor or Bassus.

          That said, Altos, I know your part on Hence Stars is VERY low in a few spots. If you're more comfortable with the high F than the low D, feel free to switch to the Cantus part. If neither of those notes is in your range, don't worry about it - that low D is the 5th of the chord and thus not vital, plus the Cantus has a D two octaves above that, so it won't be a big deal if it's not very loud. Of course, by the time the concert rolls around, the combination of the smoky Pennsic air and fatigue from too much partying may give some of us low notes we don't normally have. :-)

          Thanks!

          Arianna

          .