Re: Dimwitted Plead Help, Please

  • chestnutdragon@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 20, 2009
      When is the next performance of the choir? This is my first time here and am just wondering when it will take place. You spoke of MP3's in your email: can we hear the choir parts online somewhere? I sight read music very well, but have trouble with the language, too! Hmmmm....

      Sincerely,
      Cheris

      --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "hotcrossbuns_40502" <try2regale@...> wrote:

      > I enjoyed singing with the group in 2008 and hope to participate in 2009. What would help this dim-witted (unable to read music) gentle would be to hear .mp3s of an alto singing the lyrics (pretty please!!). The .mp3s of the tunes is nice (and I thank those for their efforts) - but for those who not read music (and are unfamiliar with the multiple languages), trying to figure out how the words might pair up with the tunes is very hard. Any volunteers need not worry about not being "perfect." I am so far away from being able to "guess" what the actual songs should sound like now that any clue would help. I would like to get some practice in before Pennsic.
      >
      > I utilize the public library and cannot download through e-music - but have had no problems getting the .mp3 files from the KWC pages.
      >
      > I am least familiar with the French. I took HS and college
      > German (albeit 35 years ago) and have a little familiarity with sounding out Spanish/Latin.
      >
      > I live in a Shire of fighters and there is no musical encouragement here.
      >
      > Thanks for listening...
      >
      > Sincerely, Turgiua Tredhard aka Terry
      >
      > PS: Do we know what order to put the songs in our notebook yet? Ok, perhaps I obsess too much.

    • Jennifer Kobayashi
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 20, 2009
        _____
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 21, 2009
          Ohhh, THANK YOU sooo much for this link! I love the MP3's! It's really nice to hear all the parts played together in the "All" sections--goosebumps! This is great music for the 2009 selections! So when is this performance and do we need to audition to be part of the choir?

          Always,
          Cheris :)

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 21, 2009
            The link that Gwendolyn provided below is for the music being done by this year's Pennsic Choir, which is performing on Thursday, August 6th at the Pennsic War in western Pennsyvlania. There is no audition, but if you'll be at Pennsic and would like to join us, I would appreciate your registering to sing with the choir. The registration information is on the Pennsic website at http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn38/AANDS/choir.html. Just click the on-line form link in the Registration section below the schedule.

            The Pennsic Choir is the biggest and oldest of the Known World Choirs, but there have been choirs at the Estrella War in Atenveldt and other places. We're hoping to continue expanding and increasing participation at events like Gulf Wars in Meridies and Lilies War in Calontir.

            I hope you'll be able to join us at Pennsic.

            Regards,

            Arianna of Wynthrope
            Director, Pennsic 38 Choir

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 21, 2009
              Oh, THANK YOU for the response! Pennsylvania? Oh, that's a bit far ( I live in Los Angeles LOL)...but would die to go! I really hope there will be some local choir groups. Are any of you on here in the Los Angeles area? Are there any events where we can sing? :)

              Luv and all Humble Respect for the Music,
              Cheris (or add me on Facebook to chat: "Cheris Woolever" my name search) Thanks! :)

              --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Karen Kasper <arianna_wyn@...> wrote:

              > The link that Gwendolyn provided below is for the music being done by this year's Pennsic Choir, which is performing on Thursday, August 6th at the Pennsic War in western Pennsyvlania. There is no audition, but if you'll be at Pennsic and would like to join us, I would appreciate your registering to sing with the choir. The registration information is on the Pennsic website at http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn38/AANDS/choir.html. Just click the on-line form link in the Registration section below the schedule.
              >
              > The Pennsic Choir is the biggest and oldest of the Known World Choirs, but there have been choirs at the Estrella War in Atenveldt and other places. We're hoping to continue expanding and increasing participation at events like Gulf Wars in Meridies and Lilies War in Calontir.
              >
              > I hope you'll be able to join us at Pennsic.
              >
              > Regards,
              >
              > Arianna of Wynthrope
              > Director, Pennsic 38 Choir

            • hotcrossbuns_40502
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 22, 2009
                I will check out the spoken word samples immediately. Erlan did some paced spoken word exercises with us last year - after we had arleady arrived at Pennsic. Maybe there will be enough of a clue in the spoken verse to figure out how to parse the words with the tune. It would be good to get to practice more in advance.

                Last year, I kept having trouble joining the group and didn't even see the songs until I got to Pennsic - so I'm already ahead of where I was last year.

                Thanks, Turgiua