Amazing choral performance (a little OT)

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 19, 2009
      This performance by a Slovenian choir called Perpetuum Jazzile has been making the rounds online today. It's not medieval, but it is just incredible - clever as well as beautiful and well-crafted. See if you can even hear where the choir gets their starting pitch - I guarantee it will take a couple of viewings.

      I should confess that I am a sucker for well-done pieces with vocal percussion. :-)

      Enjoy.

      Arianna of Wynthrope

    • chrissings@juno.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 19, 2009

        This was great fun!  Thanks for sharing!

        Arianna M.

        This performance by a Slovenian choir called Perpetuum Jazzile has been making the rounds online today. It's not medieval, but it is just incredible - clever as well as beautiful and well-crafted. See if you can even hear where the choir gets their starting pitch - I guarantee it will take a couple of viewings.

        I should confess that I am a sucker for well-done pieces with vocal percussion. :-)

        Enjoy.

        Get your dream car or truck. Click here.

      • Isabel1443
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 19, 2009
          Oh, that is delightful!  Just made my day. Thanks!

          Lady Isabel Henry

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 23, 2009
            That performance was incredible, and watching thir other work as well, they are a fabulous group!

            On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 6:19 PM, Isabel1443 <belight4@...> wrote:

            Oh, that is delightful!  Just made my day. Thanks!

            Lady Isabel Henry

            This performance by a Slovenian choir called Perpetuum Jazzile has been making the rounds online today. It's not medieval, but it is just incredible - clever as well as beautiful and well-crafted. See if you can even hear where the choir gets their starting pitch - I guarantee it will take a couple of viewings.

            I should confess that I am a sucker for well-done pieces with vocal percussion. :-)

            Enjoy.

            Steve Mansfield
            425-829-8729 (Cell)

          • Diane
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 3, 2009
              Wonderful performance! Just got to checking it out today--if someone had mentioned the piece was Toto's "Africa", I would have gone at the first mention of it--one of my very favorite tunes!

              Celaena