Re: basses etc. at Pennsic

  • the_real_damont
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 26, 2004
      Scripsit Our Esteemed Directrix Anne:
      > Our recruiting of basses is starting to work: I've gotten a couple
      more sign up. We still need men.but the hyperventilating is starting
      to subside.

      Having just managed to get onto the list, I suppose an intro is in
      order: Hi, I'm Evan, and I'll be your bass section leader this War.

      The official Section Motto for the basses is: "We Got It." (Old
      Atlantian Choir quote.) With work and enthusiasm I believe we can
      make it real. After the first 2-3 rehearsals I'll decide if we can
      try to generate enough sound to move the director's podium. ;-)

      I'll be getting to Pennsic some time on Land Grab weekend; you can
      find me, or at least leave a message, at Clan Cambion (E-15 along
      Howard's Fenway), or at Troll most mornings, or at Mystic Mail (tech
      support), or at Heralds Point. (Doing names during open hours, doing
      armory when the table is closed...)

      Evan da Collaureo
      Isenfiri-in-Exile and Atlantian Bass Siege Corpsman
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 26, 2004
        Following suit from Master Evan - greetings from Arianna of Wynthrope!

        I will be the KWC soprano sectional leader. The soprano sectional
        rehearsal on Saturday, August 14 will be held in the Debatable Lands
        camp Grimm's tent a few blocks down Chandler from the Performing Arts
        tent on the Serengetti. As Mistress Anne has indicated, we'll all
        gather at the PA tent and then move to our respective rehearsal
        locations.

        For those who don't know me, I've directed choirs in the SCA for over
        16 years, first in the Barony of the Rhydderich Hael and later in the
        Barony-Marche of the Debatable Lands. For the past few years I've sung
        in the alto section of the KWC, but this year Mistress Anne is taking
        advantage of the my switch-hitting abilities. :-)

        Looking forward to meeting new members and renewing acquaintance with
        old friends under Mistress Anne's wonderful leadership, I am at your
        service,

        Arianna of Wynthrope, OL, OP
        Barony-Marche of the Debatable Lands
        Kingdom of AEthelmearc