Re: [KWChoir] songs

  • Monique Rio
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 12, 2009
      Big Yes to Avatar's "Medieval Songs and Dances". Boulder Early Music
      Shop (http://www.bems.com) sells it. Do a search for Cofrin and his
      two books will show up.

      Also BEMS has a selection of solo music too.
      http://www.bems.com/music.html?q_c=55&bemssess=ff56b3c51674bd4679c0365fb04d907c

      For free sources Gregory Blount's site on ballads is an excellent
      place to start:
      http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/ballads/

      This page in specific is quite useful:
      http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/ballads/music.html

      As for songs I particularly like: "In a garden so green" is very
      pretty and mostly period. (Early 1600s I think)
      http://blowthyhorn.com/balladsProj/inAGardenSoGreen/Out.pdf

      Yay singing!
      -Jadzia

      --