Pennsic curiosity

  • draculachanter
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 7, 2009
      Greetings, all!
      Has anyone ever considered having a camp at War for singers and musicians? Music is such an important part of the experience, it seems like a fun idea.

      Just thought I'd throw it out there!

      Lady Heloise de Noailles-les-Brive
      Buckland Cross/Bhakail
      (mka Nikki McGeary)

      ps I've been a bit out of the loop the past few years, but some of you may remember me!
    • chestnutdragon@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 7, 2009
        I think this is a FABULOUS IDEA! I'm new to the SCA and the choir group in general, but I am a musician/singer and fully support this choir's participation at all SCA events. What is a camp at War?

        Love,
        Cheris

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 7, 2009
          Hi!
          Sorry to be vague...
          What I mean by a camp at War is a bit of land we could reserve for camping at the Pennsic War, the largest annual event of the SCA. There are countless groups that organize themselves for such a thing every year, such as households (those who create personas that relate in some way to each other), common interest groups (like musicians and singers), baronies, shires, kingdom-level encampments, etc.

          If you're wondering more about Pennsic, take a look at PennsicWar.org, and feel free to ask anyone here. I've been to Pennsic (colloquially known as "War") many times and I've been in the SCA since 1987, so please don't hesitate!

          I do think it would be fun to camp with other singers and musicians. Perhaps we can make it a reality someday. Maybe even smaller, events, too!

          Hope this helps!
          Heloise

          --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "chestnutdragon@..." <chestnutdragon@...> wrote:

          > I think this is a FABULOUS IDEA! I'm new to the SCA and the choir group in general, but I am a musician/singer and fully support this choir's participation at all SCA events. What is a camp at War?
          >
          > Love,
          > Cheris
          >
          > --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "draculachanter" <draculachanter@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Greetings, all!
          > > Has anyone ever considered having a camp at War for singers and musicians? Music is such an important part of the experience, it seems like a fun idea.

        • Mary-florence Bartley
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 7, 2009
            'Twould make rehearsing easier. ;o)

            Unconditional love
            nourishes all things
            without effort.

            Love life, live gratefully,

            Blessings and hugs,

            Mary-florence

            www.mary-flo.com

            To: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 8, 2009

              Sounds like a wonderful idea. I'm a singer and would enjoy camping with other musicians for an opportunity to do more singing. Keep me posted.

              Cindy Rollins

              aka Lucinda

              Save on Learning Centers. Click here.

            • Michael R. Murphy
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 12, 2009
                Great idea.
                  Seems a little late in the day for this year, but for next year this old fart bass would be interested.

                Murchadha

                To: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com
                From: draculachanter@...
                Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 19:47:23 +0000

                Greetings, all!
                Has anyone ever considered having a camp at War for singers and musicians? Music is such an important part of the experience, it seems like a fun idea.

                Just thought I'd throw it out there!

                Lady Heloise de Noailles-les- Brive
                Buckland Cross/Bhakail
                (mka Nikki McGeary)

                ps I've been a bit out of the loop the past few years, but some of you may remember me!

              • hotcrossbuns_40502
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 17, 2009
                  I'm registered to camp in the Disabilities Area this year - but would consider defecting in a future year. Close proximity to the bus route, a decent shower-house, and porta-castles a must.
                • hotcrossbuns_40502
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 17, 2009
                    --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "hotcrossbuns_40502" <try2regale@...> wrote:

                    > I'm registered to camp in the Disabilities Area this year - but would consider defecting in a future year. Close proximity to the bus route, a decent shower-house, and porta-castles a must.

                    My bad, I forgot to sign the above..
                    Terry, aka Turgiua Tredhard

                    By the way, just printed out the music. It was an hard winter/early spring and I didn't make it to the library to keep up on e-mail. Quite an ambitious list. Forgot to bring my .mp3 player to the library to download the music sound files, so I can try to practice. Maybe tomorrow...