Re: [KWChoir] Digest Number 499

  • Christopher Mortika
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2009
      Good day, Jayne!  This is what we posted to the Calontir listserv:

      Howdy, my brothers and sisters, from Christian d'Hiver and Kasha Alekseeva,

      This year, we will reprise our "Noontime Singing" at Lilies, every day of the war, in some corner or another of the RUSH pavilion.  Everyone is welcome to come and sing.  You don't need to read music.  You don't need to have pieces already rehearsed. You don't need a trained voice, or a trained ear, or, well, much of anything other than a love of music and a willingness to sing with others. This is just for fun: practicing pieces so that they're performable is nice, but that isn't our main goal.

      The pieces we'd like to sing include:

      Sumer is Icumin In, anon. 13th C.
      a MIDI (a little too fast): http://maucamedus.net/midi/sumer.mid

      Dixit Maria (by popular demand)
      MIDIs for each part can be found at http://www.gflower.org/nscmidis.htm  (look for the "Spring/Summer 2001" section)

      The Peaceful Western Wind, by T. Campion

      Since First I Saw Your Face, by T. Ford

      Innsbruck, ich muss dich lassen, by H. Isaac
      a college choir and flute ensemble performing it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6XmT3w-hY0

      We'll be prepared to work on any of the pieces the Known World Choir is planning to perform at Pennsic this year:
      (Christian is particularly enchanted with "Thanks, Gentle Moon", and we already know a version of "Stella Splendens")

      We'll also bring back the pieces we sang last year, but --and this is the important part-- we welcome *you* to bring period music *you'd* like to sing.  (We brought four or five copies last year, which proved to be barely sufficient.  Learn from our mistakes, and bring six or seven copies.)

      Sincerely,
      Iia Kasha
      Lord Christian
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 3, 2009
        Lord Christian d'Hiver wrote:

        >We'll be prepared to work on any of the pieces the Known World Choir is planning to perform at Pennsic this year:

        What a wonderful idea, getting started on some of the Pennsic pieces at Lilies War!  Thanks for thinking of it, Christian!

        So, will you be singing with the Pennsic Choir then, Christian? I don't seem to have your registration yet (hint, hint...)  :-)

        Speaking of which, we are up to 41 people registered for the Pennsic Choir - keep 'em coming!  And as always, please hunt down and arm-twist, um, I mean, sweet-talk any tenors you can find into joining us... While there are altos willing to sing tenor, we do tend to like people with Y chromosomes on the tenor part.

        Arianna

      • chrissings@juno.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 3, 2009

          And don't forget the Basses! <grin>

          The "other" Arianna

          >We'll be prepared to work on any of the pieces the Known World Choir is planning to perform at Pennsic this year:

          What a wonderful idea, getting started on some of the Pennsic pieces at Lilies War!  Thanks for thinking of it, Christian!

          So, will you be singing with the Pennsic Choir then, Christian? I don't seem to have your registration yet (hint, hint...)  :-)

          Speaking of which, we are up to 41 people registered for the Pennsic Choir - keep 'em coming!  And as always, please hunt down and arm-twist, um, I mean, sweet-talk any tenors you can find into joining us... While there are altos willing to sing tenor, we do tend to like people with Y chromosomes on the tenor part.

          Click for a wide selection of quality scales.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 3, 2009
            While I am in *no* way wishing to discourage the recruiting of basses, I am pleased to report that we do currently have 8 basses registered, including an intrepid traveler from Drachenwald. :-)

            Arianna

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 3, 2009
              Yay!

              While I am in *no* way wishing to discourage the recruiting of basses, I am pleased to report that we do currently have 8 basses registered, including an intrepid traveler from Drachenwald. :-)

              Arianna

              >We'll be prepared to work on any of the pieces the Known World Choir is planning to perform at Pennsic this year:

              What a wonderful idea, getting started on some of the Pennsic pieces at Lilies War!  Thanks for thinking of it, Christian!

              So, will you be singing with the Pennsic Choir then, Christian? I don't seem to have your registration yet (hint, hint...)  :-)

              Speaking of which, we are up to 41 people registered for the Pennsic Choir - keep 'em coming!  And as always, please hunt down and arm-twist, um, I mean, sweet-talk any tenors you can find into joining us... While there are altos willing to sing tenor, we do tend to like people with Y chromosomes on the tenor part.

              Click for a wide selection of quality scales.

              Click here to find the right business program for you and take your career to the next level.

            • Krege, Barbara B
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 4, 2009
                Thanks Christian, I really appreciate your response to my email about singing at Lilies. I already have copies of my music for the KWC at Pennsic and will make copies of the following and come join you at Lilies. What day will this start? I am arriving at noon Friday with a merchant.

                Jayne

                ________________________________

                Good day, Jayne! This is what we posted to the Calontir listserv:

                Howdy, my brothers and sisters, from Christian d'Hiver and Kasha Alekseeva,

                This year, we will reprise our "Noontime Singing" at Lilies, every day of the war, in some corner or another of the RUSH pavilion. Everyone is welcome to come and sing. You don't need to read music. You don't need to have pieces already rehearsed. You don't need a trained voice, or a trained ear, or, well, much of anything other than a love of music and a willingness to sing with others. This is just for fun: practicing pieces so that they're performable is nice, but that isn't our main goal.

                The pieces we'd like to sing include:

                Sumer is Icumin In, anon. 13th C.
                sheet music: http://maucamedus.net/PDF/sumer.pdf <http://maucamedus.net/PDF/sumer.pdf>
                a MIDI (a little too fast): http://maucamedus.net/midi/sumer.mid <http://maucamedus.net/midi/sumer.mid>

                Dixit Maria (by popular demand)
                sheet music: http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/images/sheet/hassler/has-dix2.pdf <http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/images/sheet/hassler/has-dix2.pdf>
                a MIDI (a litle too slow): http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/images/sound/hassler/has-dix2.mid <http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/images/sound/hassler/has-dix2.mid>
                MIDIs for each part can be found at http://www.gflower.org/nscmidis.htm <http://www.gflower.org/nscmidis.htm> (look for the "Spring/Summer 2001" section)

                The Peaceful Western Wind, by T. Campion
                sheet music: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Hendricks/eballad2/peaceful.pdf <http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Hendricks/eballad2/peaceful.pdf>
                a MIDI (too fast): http://www.luminarium.org/renlit/peaceful.htm <http://www.luminarium.org/renlit/peaceful.htm>

                Since First I Saw Your Face, by T. Ford
                sheet music: http://www.chorusrehearsal.co.uk/partsongs/pdfs/ford_sincefirst.pdf <http://www.chorusrehearsal.co.uk/partsongs/pdfs/ford_sincefirst.pdf>
                a MIDI for each part: http://www.chorusrehearsal.co.uk/partsongs/partsongs.php <http://www.chorusrehearsal.co.uk/partsongs/partsongs.php>

                Innsbruck, ich muss dich lassen, by H. Isaac
                sheet music: http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/images/sheet/isaa-001.pdf <http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/images/sheet/isaa-001.pdf>
                a college choir and flute ensemble performing it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6XmT3w-hY0 <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6XmT3w-hY0>