SRWC

  • erlannordenskald
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 10 6:53 AM
      Greetings voices
      For Southern Region War Camp's activities
      Some choices have been made
      We are going to block in the rehearsal APPROX 90 minutes before
      Court. SO, that means if it ain't learned by then, it aint gonna get
      done!
      The processional is a Palestrina Tune, "Illumina oculos meos"
      It's 7 measures long and it repeats. I am TRYING to get it into
      Notworthy, I should have it in by the end of the week. Siobhan (Q's
      bard) will actually direct this one. I"l sing. oh joy.
      The presentation piece is a quaint little ditty IN French by that
      wonderful woman composer "Anon"
      Ho La Hey and the tune is strikingly similar to Psalite Unigenito..
      but not exactly.
      The french is old, but it's not difficult. THAT one too will be in
      noteworthy by the end of the week. This tune is actually for Genvier
      and has her name in it!! SO that should be great.
      I'd like to have someone, preferable not me, give the lyrics in
      french and then translated in English (that could be me)..if there
      are any volunteers, ....

      Pre-Court Concert will include pieces already distributed and
      rehearsed and in the files section of the EKCHorale page....AND
      REcorder/vocal music. PLEASE bring instruments, I fear that there
      will NOT be enough vocal distribution to cover 15-20 minutes of
      music, so there are lots of cute things that we can do with multiple
      verses and recorders/intstruments. It's outside, so even recorders
      are a stretch.

      Thanks all!!

      See you at SRWC.

      ps, i've got confirmation of 5 voices, all soprano and a bass. It's
      probably not going to sound great.
      LMK if you're planning on jammin'

      Erlan
    • daggett42
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 25 8:50 PM
        WOW
        You guys were GREAT
        I can NOT believe that we pulled that off!!

        THANK YOU TO EACH and EVERY ONE of you!!

        The Ho La Hey was really great. It DID pull together......and I got
        some really great feedback.

        The processional was awesome.....people were VERY impressed!!

        I have NO idea if the Royalty even realized that we were there,
        however!! the people DID hear us.

        I hope that those who are at Pennsic on Sunday the 15th will have
        some time to stop by the barn 1 PM for a rehearsal.

        There are lots of plans for the EKChorale.

        There is a badge in the works.........well, I'm thinking of one
        anyway...... or at least I thought that one would be nice.

        I am starting to put together the letter to her highness (Svava is a
        friend of mine) saying that I'd like to have more music. And we're
        available.

        I hope that others come and sing......you know some music......go
        teach your buddies........you can do it.

        I'll see some ofyou at War.

        Congrats to Deaborghill (or however you spell it) for your award and
        to Gionatta for her award, I WAS SO PROUD!!!
        *sniff...rubs eyes*..... it was so emotional.

        If you know that someone sang with us, but might not be on this
        list.....please let me know and I'll get them on this list..

        I really don't know everyone's names
        Thank you
        Siobhan
        William
        Svea
        Gianotta
        Heloise
        Deaborghill
        Ana
        tenor guy
        alto girl, friend of willian..???laura???
        sabine
        arden
        other alto person
        AEllin