Known World Choir at Pennsic 38 - Music is UP!

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 9, 2009
      Greetings to the singers of the Known World Choir!

      As you may recall, I announced a while ago that the theme for this year's concert would be celestial objects, in honor of the International Year of Astronomy. The music for this year's Pennsic Choir Concert is now posted on the KWC Yahoo Group site. To access it, go to the site and select Files > Pennsic Music 2009. Each piece has its own folder. Within these folders are MIDI files for the whole piece and a PDF of the sheet music. All but two of the pieces also have MIDI files for each part with the selected part played LOUD and the other parts played softly so you have some context.

      To make it easier access just the sheet music, I also created a folder called Sheet Music with all of the PDF files.

      If anyone has a utility to convert the MIDIs to MP3 files so people can listen to them on their iPods, please let me know!

      Also, I have confirmed our rehearsal and concert times with the Performing Arts Pavilion Coordinator.

      - Rehearsals: 3:00 to 5:00 pm daily from July 31 through August 5
      - Dress Rehearsal: 1:00 - 3:00 on Thursday, August 6
      - Concert: 6:00 - 6:30 pm on August 6

      Also, per the poll I ran last fall, we will gather as many people as are available to sing a couple of pieces during Midnight Maddess on Wednesday, August 5, probably around 8:00 pm in the market. The hope is that this "teaser" concert will attract more people to our formal concert on Thursday.

      All of this information will be appearing on the Pennsic website soon - I'm drafting the information for the web page editor this week.

      PLEASE REGISTER FOR THE CHOIR ON THE PENNSIC WEBSITE. The online registration information should be available by the beginning of next week. It will help me keep better track of how many singers we have on each voice part if you use the online form.

      Thanks, and feel free to send any questions my way.

      I am looking forward with great anticipation to directing all you wonderful singers again this summer!

      Arianna of Wynthrope
      Director, Pennic 38 Choir
    • Diane
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 9, 2009
        Just came in here on a lark and voila! Thank you, Arianna, for the music files! Now I've got something new to learn and something to do besides sew and waste time on FB.

        Celaena, Bhakail, EK

        --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, "Karen Kasper" <arianna_wyn@...> wrote:

        > Greetings to the singers of the Known World Choir!
        >
        > As you may recall, I announced a while ago that the theme for this year's concert would be celestial objects, in honor of the International Year of Astronomy. The music for this year's Pennsic Choir Concert is now posted on the KWC Yahoo Group site. To access it, go to the site and select Files > Pennsic Music 2009. Each piece has its own folder. Within these folders are MIDI files for the whole piece and a PDF of the sheet music. All but two of the pieces also have MIDI files for each part with the selected part played LOUD and the other parts played softly so you have some context.
        >
        > To make it easier access just the sheet music, I also created a folder called Sheet Music with all of the PDF files.
        >
        > If anyone has a utility to convert the MIDIs to MP3 files so people can listen to them on their iPods, please let me know!
        >
        > Also, I have confirmed our rehearsal and concert times with the Performing Arts Pavilion Coordinator.
        >
        > - Rehearsals: 3:00 to 5:00 pm daily from July 31 through August 5
        > - Dress Rehearsal: 1:00 - 3:00 on Thursday, August 6
        > - Concert: 6:00 - 6:30 pm on August 6
        >
        > Also, per the poll I ran last fall, we will gather as many people as are available to sing a couple of pieces during Midnight Maddess on Wednesday, August 5, probably around 8:00 pm in the market. The hope is that this "teaser" concert will attract more people to our formal concert on Thursday.
        >
        > All of this information will be appearing on the Pennsic website soon - I'm drafting the information for the web page editor this week.
        >
        > PLEASE REGISTER FOR THE CHOIR ON THE PENNSIC WEBSITE. The online registration information should be available by the beginning of next week. It will help me keep better track of how many singers we have on each voice part if you use the online form.
        >
        > Thanks, and feel free to send any questions my way.
        >
        > I am looking forward with great anticipation to directing all you wonderful singers again this summer!
        >
        > Arianna of Wynthrope
        > Director, Pennic 38 Choir

      • Jane M.
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 21, 2009

          > If anyone has a utility to convert the MIDIs to MP3 files so people can listen to them on their iPods, please let me know!

          Arianna,

          I have such a utility and have just converted all the MIDIs to MP3 format. How shall I upload the the MP3 files to the Yahoo! Group site?

          Jane Atwell