Score! Literally...

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2009
      Greetings singers!

      As I was looking at online sources for choral music for this year's Pennsic concert, I stumbled onto something wonderful - Francis Pilkington's "First Book of Songs or Ayres" from 1605, available in PDF format. It's part of the Google Books project, in which they are scanning out-of-print books and making them available online for free. You can view this online or download it, though at almost 3MB it probably requires a high-speed connection or a lot of patience. The link is here:

      Just FYI, I've been whittling down the list of possible pieces for Pennsic, and have also contacted the person running the Performing Arts pavilion this year about reserving our rehearsal and performance times. I will let everyone know as soon as things firm up.

      Arianna of Wynthrope
      Pennsic 35 Choir Director