Re: [KWChoir] Pennsic Choir for 2009

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 8, 2008
      >I suppose that means Also sprach Zarathustra is out...

      Afraid so. I know, I'm such a killjoy...  :-)

      Arianna

      P.S. Close the pod bay doors, Dave.  Daisy, Daisy.... (hee-hee)

    • Jennifer Kobayashi
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 9, 2008
        Arianna -
        Astronomy is a great theme!

        Some additional possibilities:
        Orazio Vecchi: O sole, o stelle, o luna (6 parts: SSA T(or A) T(or A) B )
        Orazio Vecchi: Mentre mia stella (6 parts: SSA T(or A) T(or A) B )
        Stella Splendens from Llibre Vermell
        Wie schön leuchtet der Morgenstern (How Brightly Beams the Morning Star) composed by Philipp Nicolai, with a big fancy arrangement by Michael Praetorius,
        Caligo terrae scinditur/Virgo Maria, filia/Tenor an Anon. 14th cen. English Petronian motet (Oxford Anthology of Music: Medieval Music)
        Guillame Dufay: Cunditor alme siderum
        F. Pilkington: Thanks Gentle Moon
        (and from the Oxford Book of Italian Madrigals:)
        Monteverdi: Ecco mormorar l'onde (1590) SSATB (about the dawn...)
        Marenzio: Che fa oggi il mio sole (1580) SSATB (What doth today my sun..)

        That's what I've got at the moment. Sounds like fun; I hope I can be there!

        - Gwendolyn of Middlemarch aka Jennifer

        --- On Mon, 12/8/08, Karen Kasper <arianna_wyn@...> wrote:

        Greetings Known World Singers!

        After a bit of brainstorming, we have a theme for next Pennsic: Astronomy!
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 9, 2008
          Great suggestions!  Thank so much. And I'd love to have as much of your family singing with us as are willing. :-)

          Arianna

          --- On Tue, 12/9/08, Jennifer Kobayashi <jhkob@...> wrote:
          Astronomy is a great theme!

          Some additional possibilities:
          .
          _,___

        • Jennifer Kobayashi
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 9, 2008
            Two more possibilities:

            Orienti Oriens: School of St Martial of Limoges, Paris, Bibliotheque Nationale, Ms Lat. 3719, Central Corpus

            Sol occasum nesciens (49 in Musica Britannica Medieval Carols)

            -Jennifer