Re: [KWChoir] Greetings

    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 18, 2008
      Lady Erlan can probably help you with the CD.

      For the Dickens Christmas, are you interested in music from Dickens' time period, or the SCA's time period? There's a lot of stuff suitable for DIckens that's OOP for us...

      For the SCA, all of the holiday music Erlan did this past Pennsic is in period, plus my choir also likes the following:

      Noel Nouvelet (French carol)
      O Come, O Come Emmanuel (though it sounds better in Latin)
      Personent Hodie
      In Dulci Jubilo
      Coventry Carol
      Beata Progenies
      The Holly and the Ivy
      Nowell Sing We Both Alle and Som
      Gloucestorshire Wassail
      Lo How a Rose E'er Blooming (better in German)

      Arianna of Wynthrope

      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 18, 2008

        Thank you for the quick response!

        I am hoping for nice and easy pieces - in time period (although the modern are more known)

        Our Shire is many things - Arts and Sciences Heavy being the most notable - however a choir we are not - many of us sing (and I am in KWC).

        A few you mention I am aware of - the others not.

        I wil look into them

        Thank You

        Mairghreicc

        1st - does anyone have a CD they are willing to send me for appropiate
        compensation ($) from the Pennsic 37 Concert this past summer?

        2nd - our Shire is helping at a local community Demo. The community
        theme for the Demo "A Dickens Christmas" Am interested in period
        music - and we will most probably do some of the more common stand=bys
        of today (hooks people)

        Your Assistance is most welcomed and appreciated!

        Mairghreicc
        aka "Meitheamh"
        aka "June"

        Do You Yahoo!?