Greetings

  • June
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 18, 2008
      I have but 2 requests

      1st - does anyone have a CD they are willing to send me for appropiate
      compensation ($) from the Pennsic 37 Concert this past summer?

      2nd - our Shire is helping at a local community Demo. The community
      theme for the Demo "A Dickens Christmas" Am interested in period
      music - and we will most probably do some of the more common stand=bys
      of today (hooks people)

      Your Assistance is most welcomed and appreciated!

      Mairghreicc
      aka "Meitheamh"
      aka "June"
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 18, 2008
        Lady Erlan can probably help you with the CD.

        For the Dickens Christmas, are you interested in music from Dickens' time period, or the SCA's time period? There's a lot of stuff suitable for DIckens that's OOP for us...

        For the SCA, all of the holiday music Erlan did this past Pennsic is in period, plus my choir also likes the following:

        Noel Nouvelet (French carol)
        O Come, O Come Emmanuel (though it sounds better in Latin)
        Personent Hodie
        In Dulci Jubilo
        Coventry Carol
        Beata Progenies
        The Holly and the Ivy
        Nowell Sing We Both Alle and Som
        Gloucestorshire Wassail
        Lo How a Rose E'er Blooming (better in German)

        Arianna of Wynthrope

        1st - does anyone have a CD they are willing to send me for appropiate
        compensation ($) from the Pennsic 37 Concert this past summer?

        2nd - our Shire is helping at a local community Demo. The community
        theme for the Demo "A Dickens Christmas" Am interested in period
        music - and we will most probably do some of the more common stand=bys
        of today (hooks people)

        Your Assistance is most welcomed and appreciated!

        Mairghreicc
        aka "Meitheamh"
        aka "June"

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • June Whalen
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 18, 2008

          Thank you for the quick response!

          I am hoping for nice and easy pieces - in time period (although the modern are more known)

          Our Shire is many things - Arts and Sciences Heavy being the most notable - however a choir we are not - many of us sing (and I am in KWC).

          A few you mention I am aware of - the others not.

          I wil look into them

          Thank You

          Mairghreicc

          1st - does anyone have a CD they are willing to send me for appropiate
          compensation ($) from the Pennsic 37 Concert this past summer?

          2nd - our Shire is helping at a local community Demo. The community
          theme for the Demo "A Dickens Christmas" Am interested in period
          music - and we will most probably do some of the more common stand=bys
          of today (hooks people)

          Your Assistance is most welcomed and appreciated!

          Mairghreicc
          aka "Meitheamh"
          aka "June"

          Do You Yahoo!?