Re: [KWChoir] Re: Requesting your ideas for next year's Pennsic Choir

  • Elizabeth Dowling
    Message 1 of 46 , Aug 24, 2008
      It's a thought... but what is the choir symbol? And how would we
      incorporate other devices... or should it? That would be a fairly
      complex design; could these be done?
      Elizabeth

      June Whalen wrote:

      > I agree - the pagentry would be great - would we consider wearing
      > tabbords showing the proposed choir sysbol - incorporating each of our
      > kingdom badge?
      >

      > Mairghreicc
      >
      > aka Meitheamh
      >
      > aka "June"

    • Brent Chivers
      Message 46 of 46 , Aug 31, 2008
        --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Gale Willingham <try2regale@...> wrote:

        > Alison Winter's idea: "the choir marching in singing l'Homme Arme
        (the original simple but scary martial song)"
        http://www.darklands.net/music/music.old.3.shtml
        > Anyone know where lyrics to this are?

        Google and Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L'homme_arm%C3%A9

        Original French
        L'homme, l'homme, l'homme armé,
        L'homme armé
        L'homme armé doibt on doubter, doibt on doubter.
        On a fait partout crier,
        Que chascun se viengne armer
        D'un haubregon de fer.

        English
        The man, the man, the armed man,
        The armed man
        The armed man should be feared, should be feared.
        Everywhere it has been proclaimed
        That each man shall arm himself
        With a coat of iron mail.

        [And for the amusement of wardrivers in my neighborhood, "LhommeArme"
        is my WiFi SSID.]