Re: [KWChoir] Re: Requesting your ideas for next year's Pennsic Choir

  • Elizabeth Dowling
    Message 1 of 46 , Aug 24, 2008
      No matter what way we do it, it would be a wonderful move; our own
      "Olympic" choir at opening ceremonies. With an upbeat piece, it would
      add to the day. It would have to be a loud piece, because of the
      place. I've been talking up music in my local area for a few years, to
      what I consider deaf ears. My local group might notice if they see the
      choir front and center. However, planning for singing at opening
      ceremonies must start immediately or just after the Crown tournaments,
      and be approved by those who will be kings and queens, and whosoever
      makes arrangements for opening ceremonies.
      Elizabeth

      Catherine Sayre wrote:

      > It would also be dramatic to have the choir members march in with
      > their respective kingdoms and then all come out of the crowd to show
      > the strength and the diversity of the KWC.
      >
      > Catherine Sayre
      > QABCM

    • Brent Chivers
      Message 46 of 46 , Aug 31, 2008
        --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Gale Willingham <try2regale@...> wrote:

        > Alison Winter's idea: "the choir marching in singing l'Homme Arme
        (the original simple but scary martial song)"
        http://www.darklands.net/music/music.old.3.shtml
        > Anyone know where lyrics to this are?

        Google and Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L'homme_arm%C3%A9

        Original French
        L'homme, l'homme, l'homme armé,
        L'homme armé
        L'homme armé doibt on doubter, doibt on doubter.
        On a fait partout crier,
        Que chascun se viengne armer
        D'un haubregon de fer.

        English
        The man, the man, the armed man,
        The armed man
        The armed man should be feared, should be feared.
        Everywhere it has been proclaimed
        That each man shall arm himself
        With a coat of iron mail.

        [And for the amusement of wardrivers in my neighborhood, "LhommeArme"
        is my WiFi SSID.]