RE: [KWChoir] Requesting your ideas for next year's Pennsic Choir

  • Anne of Carthew
    Message 1 of 46 , Aug 22, 2008

      Hello!

      I really like the idea of more performances, but I do worry about getting a good quorum together.  For instance, the idea of Wednesday at about sunset is good,  except that is the same time Atlantia court is traditionally held and we tend to bring quite a few Atlantians to the choir.

      I am actually intrigued at the challenge of singing at opening ceremonies.  It might be possible: finding a piece or two that is fairly easy and getting the music out early to work on, then having one really serious practice on it on Saturday, it would be possible.  It would get the choir great exposure: “If you think this sample sounded good, wait until you hear what we can do after a week together! If you think this sounds like fun, come join us!”   And think of all the tenors/basses who might get exposed to the idea of a choir at pennsic through opening ceremonies.

      Anne

    • Brent Chivers
      Message 46 of 46 , Aug 31, 2008
        --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Gale Willingham <try2regale@...> wrote:

        > Alison Winter's idea: "the choir marching in singing l'Homme Arme
        (the original simple but scary martial song)"
        http://www.darklands.net/music/music.old.3.shtml
        > Anyone know where lyrics to this are?

        Google and Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L'homme_arm%C3%A9

        Original French
        L'homme, l'homme, l'homme armé,
        L'homme armé
        L'homme armé doibt on doubter, doibt on doubter.
        On a fait partout crier,
        Que chascun se viengne armer
        D'un haubregon de fer.

        English
        The man, the man, the armed man,
        The armed man
        The armed man should be feared, should be feared.
        Everywhere it has been proclaimed
        That each man shall arm himself
        With a coat of iron mail.

        [And for the amusement of wardrivers in my neighborhood, "LhommeArme"
        is my WiFi SSID.]