Re: [KWChoir] Re: Advance practice recordings

  • corun@medievalist.org
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 19, 2008
      Alison wrote:

      >From: jryan@... [mailto:jryan@...]
      >Subject: Re: [KWChoir] Re: Advance practice recordings
      >
      >> Turgiua does not see an option to download samples in the post...
      >> Next to all the attachments were the words "(not stored)." [SNIP]
      >>

      >Oh, dear! The copy of the message that came back to me had the
      >attachments intact, and the three mp3 files played on my machine, the same
      >one I sent them from, just by clicking on them. In the copy I got, there
      >was nothing saying not stored anywhere. I can puzzle out tunes from sheet
      >music, but the behavior of these machines is beyond me. I suppose the
      >problem could have been in my machine, or your machine or any of who knows
      >how many in between! And I've never succeeded in converting a midi file
      >to an mp3 file either. And I only resorted to using my MP3 player when I
      >couldn't get my .wav files burned onto CD's as I wanted them!
      >Alison, clueless

      Some firewalls or even ISP block files, especially if they're large files. May I suggest that rather than sending out files to everyone on the list it would be better to upload to the Files area on the Yahoo site for this list. That way everyone who wants them has access and everyone who doesn't want them doesn't have to have them taking up space in their email box until they can get home from work to delete them. Sometimes this can send an overstuffed inbox over the limit and new emails won't be stored for lack of space.

      Corun