Re: [KWChoir] Re: Home from War

  • Susan Stoltze
    Message 1 of 46 , Aug 19, 2008
      And another ale song:

      "Bring us in good ale, good ale,
      Bring us in good ale,
      For our blessed lady's sake,
      Bring us in good ale!"

      - Susanna

      --- On Tue, 8/19/08, saraxxxvi <snl1990@...> wrote:
      From: saraxxxvi <snl1990@...>
      Subject: [KWChoir] Re: Home from War
      To: KWChoir@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 10:40 AM

      Yes, it was loads of fun - I did the 'carolling for cider, claret &
      craft ale' for the first time this War, and want to thank the gentle
      who invited the KWChoir at practise Sunday to come along! Now that I
      have a copy of the music, I'll be practising it during the year so
      that I'm not relying on the sheet music and iffy flashlight so much.

      "Banbury ale! Where, where, where? At the blacksmith's house. I
      would I were there!"

      Sarai

      --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups .com, John Rossignol <giguette@.. .> wrote:

      > In the West, we call that "attack choir". And yes, it's loads of fun,
      > even without the drinks.
      >
      > John
      >

      > Elizabeth Dowling wrote:
      > > ...it might also be fun for small groups to entertain various
      camps with some songs... I know that an entertainment group sang for
      drinks this year, going from camp to camp.

    • Brent Chivers
      Message 46 of 46 , Aug 31, 2008
        --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Gale Willingham <try2regale@...> wrote:

        > Alison Winter's idea: "the choir marching in singing l'Homme Arme
        (the original simple but scary martial song)"
        http://www.darklands.net/music/music.old.3.shtml
        > Anyone know where lyrics to this are?

        Google and Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L'homme_arm%C3%A9

        Original French
        L'homme, l'homme, l'homme armé,
        L'homme armé
        L'homme armé doibt on doubter, doibt on doubter.
        On a fait partout crier,
        Que chascun se viengne armer
        D'un haubregon de fer.

        English
        The man, the man, the armed man,
        The armed man
        The armed man should be feared, should be feared.
        Everywhere it has been proclaimed
        That each man shall arm himself
        With a coat of iron mail.

        [And for the amusement of wardrivers in my neighborhood, "LhommeArme"
        is my WiFi SSID.]