Re: [KWChoir] Requesting your ideas for next year's Pennsic Choir

  • Paul Warlop
    Message 1 of 46 , Aug 19, 2008
      First off, I'd like to say I always enjoy singing with the known world choir, but it does seem to eat up a lot of my time at Pennsic.

      1. I can't commit to more than one performance, I have enouh performances at Pennsic that more than one for the choir could overload my voice.

      2. N/A

      3. The earlier the better.  I always find when rehearsal is in the middle of the afternoon it kind of eats up my whole day.

      4. As for theme, I don't have too much preference, I like singing with the large group and the challenge of learning new pieces over a short period of time.  So, I guess mostly music that isn't part of the standard repetoire.

      1. How many of you would like to do more than one performance? Understand that logistics will play a big part here - if we can't get enough people (particularly enough tenors and basses) it will be hard to arrange additional performances).

      2. If you would like to do another performance, where/when would you recommend? Midnight Madness and Closing Ceremononies were suggested.  I can understand why the Queens' Tea wasn't so interested - unlike instruments, choirs don't make for great background music, and the great ladies mostly want to talk and get to know each other there. Any other ideas?

      3. On the topic of rehearsal times, please indicate your order of preference for the following time slots:

      - 10am to noon
      - noon to 2pm
      - 1pm to 3pm
      - 2pm to 4pm
      - 3pm to 5 pm
      - 4pm to 6pm

      4. Any suggestions for a theme?

    • Brent Chivers
      Message 46 of 46 , Aug 31, 2008
        --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Gale Willingham <try2regale@...> wrote:

        > Alison Winter's idea: "the choir marching in singing l'Homme Arme
        (the original simple but scary martial song)"
        http://www.darklands.net/music/music.old.3.shtml
        > Anyone know where lyrics to this are?

        Google and Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L'homme_arm%C3%A9

        Original French
        L'homme, l'homme, l'homme armé,
        L'homme armé
        L'homme armé doibt on doubter, doibt on doubter.
        On a fait partout crier,
        Que chascun se viengne armer
        D'un haubregon de fer.

        English
        The man, the man, the armed man,
        The armed man
        The armed man should be feared, should be feared.
        Everywhere it has been proclaimed
        That each man shall arm himself
        With a coat of iron mail.

        [And for the amusement of wardrivers in my neighborhood, "LhommeArme"
        is my WiFi SSID.]