Re: multiple performances

  • daggett42
    Message 1 of 46 , Aug 16, 2008
      You know... we did actually do more than one gig in the past. It
      used to be that the Choir performance was after Great Court in the
      Barn on the last Saturday of war, that was "back in the day" and the
      time was "estimated to be after Court"
      Then it started to be that the individual Kingdoms started to have
      these huge humongoload Courts and the idea of the "Great Court" went
      out the window.
      Then we got the PA tent, so our performance became "scheduled"
      specific to time and date.
      I remember a time when we took the choir and did a few "promo
      gigs" in the Food Court to advertise the concert.
      The last time I did the CHoir (before this one) we had a special
      performance in MidRealm Royal for Her Majesty and guests.
      Before each Pennsic, I write to the Majord'ormo's for each Kingdom
      (East, Middle, Atlantia, Antir, AEthelmearc, Loahac) and offer our
      services for Queen's Tea or another in camp or Court performance.
      I say those Kingdom's because those are the only who I write too.
      Other than the performance for Her Majesty in the Middle a few years
      ago, it's always been "turned down".
      with folks schedules, it's really hard to have multiple
      performances, but I'm all for it.. impromptu in the food court.
      with next year's program.. it might be more likely that there will
      be a few extra performances..... but we'll see how the plans work
      out....

      As for the children's choir...
      no music
      just by in clasee teaching and handing out some words that day
      no instruments other than rhythm and recorders
      45 min sessions and once a day in the morning.
      it will NOT conflict with the battles at all, no way no how.
      It will run as an open class, any child can come in at any time and
      it will run in the PA tent or another A&S tent. If the child is 13
      or older, the parent need not attend, but if the child is under 13, a
      parent must be present for class.
      The choir teacher will have to be approved by all the stuff that
      all youth people go through... and we're working on those details now.

      More stuff to follow.

      erlan
    • Brent Chivers
      Message 46 of 46 , Aug 31, 2008
        --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Gale Willingham <try2regale@...> wrote:

        > Alison Winter's idea: "the choir marching in singing l'Homme Arme
        (the original simple but scary martial song)"
        http://www.darklands.net/music/music.old.3.shtml
        > Anyone know where lyrics to this are?

        Google and Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L'homme_arm%C3%A9

        Original French
        L'homme, l'homme, l'homme armé,
        L'homme armé
        L'homme armé doibt on doubter, doibt on doubter.
        On a fait partout crier,
        Que chascun se viengne armer
        D'un haubregon de fer.

        English
        The man, the man, the armed man,
        The armed man
        The armed man should be feared, should be feared.
        Everywhere it has been proclaimed
        That each man shall arm himself
        With a coat of iron mail.

        [And for the amusement of wardrivers in my neighborhood, "LhommeArme"
        is my WiFi SSID.]