Re: Home from War

  • Terri Garvey
    Message 1 of 46 , Aug 15 3:47 PM
      Greetings, All!

      Forgive me if this meets with massive disapproval, but I would like to perform the concert more than once. Don't throw things at your monitor, I'm long gone by now. Missed Me! After all the work we put in, to not be able to invite their Majesties Konrad and Brenwen, whom I'd retained for before and during the War, because the concert conflicted with East Kingdom Court was disappointing, to say the least. I'd be willing to bet there are a lot of other conflicts, and I know they can't all be resolved, but another show (or two) would go a long way.

      I'm sure there are reasons why this may not be a good idea, and I can usually see both sides of an issue, but other than scheduling the pavillion or finding another location, I'm not seeing a downside here. Like I said, forgive me if I'm misguided. Your thoughts, beyond "What are you, nuts!" would be greatly appreciated.

      I had an absolutely outstanding time singing with all of you, and Erlan was pure fun! I can't wait until next year!

      Yours in Service,

      Tessa the Amnesiac

    • Brent Chivers
      Message 46 of 46 , Aug 31 12:57 PM
        --- In KWChoir@yahoogroups.com, Gale Willingham <try2regale@...> wrote:

        > Alison Winter's idea: "the choir marching in singing l'Homme Arme
        (the original simple but scary martial song)"
        http://www.darklands.net/music/music.old.3.shtml
        > Anyone know where lyrics to this are?

        Google and Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L'homme_arm%C3%A9

        Original French
        L'homme, l'homme, l'homme armé,
        L'homme armé
        L'homme armé doibt on doubter, doibt on doubter.
        On a fait partout crier,
        Que chascun se viengne armer
        D'un haubregon de fer.

        English
        The man, the man, the armed man,
        The armed man
        The armed man should be feared, should be feared.
        Everywhere it has been proclaimed
        That each man shall arm himself
        With a coat of iron mail.

        [And for the amusement of wardrivers in my neighborhood, "LhommeArme"
        is my WiFi SSID.]