Re: pianos

  • Maria Daggett
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15 7:46 AM
      Yeah, I was born a pianist.. went to college for my piano skills originally. But I just can't do it.  i can't be married to a keyboard at war.  I spend a lot of time preparing to sing all the parts as best I can in the range and all and try to play them on recorder.
      Yeah, I know it would be actually ALOT easier for me to play everything and I could too, but I just can't do it.   *sigh*.
      Many directors rely on it and I aggree it does help.
      But part of my experience for the singers, is to work on hearing the
       music... look at it... and try and experience it the best way that they can, in as much as a period style might have been.
      The only real difference is that, well girls sing.. and there is a modern music printing.  Music would have been held while singing, but only the part you sang, not all the others, mostly and yes, a lot would have been from memory.
      But, that being said... THANK YOU for the great comments and all.  I am still thinking about the great experience.
      And, I really DO love my presents!!!

      erlan